Tech Industry job layoffs looking scary

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
This is the problem with the educational system. There should be an apprenticeship/trade path in high school for skilled workers like plumbers and electricians.

There are, predominately where unions are strong. Massachusetts alone has two carpenter/construction schools that I know of.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I'm an electrician, my company is giving referral bonuses right now. It's work out the ass for us.

Yeah, I work with an older union guy and he said they can't fill those positions fast enough right not. I'm a just a maintenance guy at a school and I negotiated a $20k raise for myself the other day which is going to put me a just a hair under $100k next year. It's looking good for the trades right now :whew:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
This is the problem with the educational system. There should be an apprenticeship/trade path in high school for skilled workers like plumbers and electricians.
Texas has several. There is the union school(JTAC) and then there is IEC and CEF(this one is all trades not just electrical)for non union.

They just don't advertise them like that, but they are there.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, I work with an older union guy and he said they can't fill those positions fast enough right not. I'm a just a maintenance guy at a school and I negotiated a $20k raise for myself the other day which is going to put me a just a hair under $100k next year. It's looking good for the trades right now :whew:
My company gonna have to give me a significant raise to stay. There is a company right now offering me $6/hr more than what I'm making right now to come work for them. I like the company I'm at though so I'd rather stay.

We got a lot of jobs especially once 2023 hits, right now it's chilled out but it's a calm before the storm.

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION

That corporate lifestyle with the sports car is what the American dream promotes..

Trade workers are the offensive/defensive lineman of the workforce

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
The problem is if the trades become popular again, the wages will go down. Supply and demand.

We are already in a recession, possibly entering into a depression. The mortgage industry got obliterated before the tech industry and some of those companies got rid of the majority of their employees. We're in for some bumpy times ahead