Team USA vs Germany on FOX

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
Things would have been way different if a healthy Kawhi and KD was playing. I still don't understand why they kicked out Kawhi because of injury but not KD also.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
If the rotation don’t look like this they losing at least 1 game

Starters: Steph Ant KD Bron Embiid

Premium bench: Jrue AD Bam

Bench: Tatum Booker

Minimal role: Hali, White

1- in order to get starter level minutes for Ant, which he absolutely needs, Kerr had to play him at pg off the bench. Him at Pg is not working. So start him and let Jrue run 2nd unit pg.

2- Kerr is an idiot pigeon holing Ant ans 6th man. In his mind he’s thinking that’s too much firepower to start. But they aren’t even hurting teams with the starters . Ant’s young energy is needed to make the 4 30+ year old guys better. He would be a menace surrounded by them

3- Tatum and Booker are indicative of a generational thing. They are hoopers built in a lab. Mechanical trainer-built game. So outside of their element their value drops

4- Bron doin too much. It’s not his fault, but in this setting you should not need to play this way. They will lose if it turns into a bron celebration fest

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The Washed Avengers

USA basketball supposedly learned a lesson after 2004 by committing to a core group and letting them all play together at every tournament building up to the Olympics. They stopped doing that after 2012 and we get these all star teams culminating with the washed Avengers we have now.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Washed Avengers

USA basketball supposedly learned a lesson after 2004 by committing to a core group and letting them all play together at every tournament building up to the Olympics. They stopped doing that after 2012 and we get these all star teams culminating with the washed Avengers we have now.
in theory it should be easier to do now that the FIBA World Cup & Olympics happen in back to back years (have a roster commit to both events) - but USA players just dont value the World Cup like the rest of the world does. If they required 2 year commitments from players, it would likely just lessen the talent pool on the roster. These guys only care about the Olympics

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The only worldly competition that matters
the rest of the world values the FIBA World Cup. Im not saying whats right or wrong here, but the players from Team USA dont put much value on it. Until they do, its going to be difficult to build out strong continuity on the Olympic roster.

Its always going to be B(or C) Team going to World Cup, A team going to Olympics (with a few players from the B Team making the A Team). Its hard to build perfect chemistry in two weeks, even with the best players in the world

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
in theory it should be easier to do now that the FIBA World Cup & Olympics happen in back to back years (have a roster commit to both events) - but USA players just dont value the World Cup like the rest of the world does. If they required 2 year commitments from players, it would likely just lessen the talent pool on the roster. These guys only care about the Olympics
They stopped doing this in 2012, so it was an issue before that.

But i agree now since they won’t commit to the World Cup.

This team should get gold but I think it loses at least one game in group stages.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They stopped doing this in 2012, so it was an issue before that.

But i agree now since they won’t commit to the World Cup.

This team should get gold but I think it loses at least one game in group stages.
they are fortunate to have an 'easy' group to ramp up with -- I can see a tighter game with Serbia this time around, but I think after the scare Sudan gave them, they will come out to make a statement against them in group play. Realistically they should handle PR easily.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
they are fortunate to have an 'easy' group to ramp up with -- I can see a tighter game with Serbia this time around, but I think after the scare Sudan gave them, they will come out to make a statement against them in group play. Realistically they should handle PR easily.
You know international ball better than me, but I see a team that ain’t clicking offensively and also can’t put together performances on short rest.