Teaching your parents technology.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
Yeah I actually do IT support for a living so the instant anybody in my family has a computer problem, guess who hears about it. :snoop:

My parents aren't bad but my grandma...:smh:

But then again, she's 70 and uses a computer reasonably well (she can email, browse the net, print, play online games, etc. without much trouble):whew:, so I suppose that's doing good compared to other people in that age group.

I've actually setup teamviewer on my mom and grandma's computers so I can just remote in whenever they have an issue. It beats trying to figure it out from what they say on the phone.

This! This shyt right here nikka? is a fukking life saver:ahh:

Being the go to guy in your fam for Tech issues though... sometimes makes you wish you didn't know as much as you did.

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
everytime my dad asks me for help with the computer.. i know it's gonna be an argument :snoop:

even after the job is done.. i'm sitting there like

27LTwYF.gif

YaBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Had to set up my grandma's new phone/answering machine & transfer old numbers a couple weeks ago.
Grandma: "How do I transfer my old numbers from my other phone? :dwillhuh:"
Me: "I don't know, read the instructions. :yeshrug:"
Grandma: "I'm not good with instructions :ld:"
Me ::comeon::dahell::snoop:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I moved out YEARS ago but still get called whenever anyone comes over to my moms house and wants to use the Wifi :dead::damn:

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
brehs i have so many stories about teaching my parents tech, especially my dad, i could write a fukking book. just to name a few though

1. my parents cant hook up a dvd player
2. my grandma doesn't know how to use her cellphone or the tv, AT fukkING ALL
3. dad still doesnt really know what wifi is
4. my dad doesn't understand not to click random links on websites.. example "why is the computer slower, i downloaded about 5 programs to speed it up :dwillhuh:"
5. mom doesn't understand the concept of the cable tv remote. she still channel surfs.

i could keep going but im getting pissed cuz i know im gonna have to help with something at some point this weekend :fire:

Last edited:

PUT IN WORK

The East
Daps
Reppin
The East
Lol, Google fukked me up, man. One of the questions I get asked most is what's the difference between gmail and email.
Bruh, the the IT dude at my dad's work is about 50 something, they make up their own :flabbynsick: jargons. Gmail = Email. Server = Internet. Pops called me from his crib one day had some rush work to submit and went into panic mode, ":damn: THE SERVER IS DOWN, COME AND FIX IT NEED TO SEND SOMETHING ASAP". ME ::wtf: You mean the internet?, i didn't set up no server at your crib. Pops: :damn: NAH THE SERVER. Me::aicmon:. *gets to the crib* POPS: :damn: YOU SEE THE SCREEN, "CONNECTION SERVER ERROR". You young kids think you know it all".. His wifi on his laptop was off :snoop: .I stopped correcting him after that incident and just let him live with his IT jargons. :pachaha:... Funny thing is my mom knows most of this stuff but he's too stubborn and prideful to ask her for help.

One4Deuce

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Minnesota
My mom just got a Galaxy Note 2 (I think), I had to spend 20 minutes just teaching her the most basic stuff. It's incredibly difficult for me to not understand how she has such a tough time with something I consider so intuitive.

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
One of the most frustrating aspects of technology :snoop: