Teaching your parents technology.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The WORSE tho is when you would explain something to them in exact English (or whatever your language you speak at home) and they don't get it, BUT go to someone they always listen to and get the exact same instructions.

THEN THEY UNDERSTAND :mindblown: :damn: :dead:

On the low low, when my mom thought my PS2 fukked up her tv, I explained to her why it was bullshyt, then asked the cable guy in front of me "For my piece of mind, just tell me his games didn't mess up my tv".

One of the few times where throwing hands with my own mama came to mind :snoop:

My mom STILL to this day tries to blame me for her tv dying out due to the very low # of times that I actually hooked my playstation up to it. I tried to tell her that it just doesn't work like that and that I've always known way more about what I was doing when it came to electronics and tech and asked her why she even doubted me in the first place. Way back then, she was asking me how to work her damn vcr. Now, she's calling me all the time to ask me how to work her laptop and her iphone/cellphones. SMH.

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
back like 10 years ago, the first thing me and my brothers taught my pops how to do was play nes emulator...back when he came to this country from dominican republic in the 80's and he was raising us in his early 20's he had the nes with baseball stars...so he was hyped as fukk when he found out he was able to play it. so he use to come home late from work with beers on deck ready to play and build a all-star team out of nothing...hes a huge baseball fanatic.

now recently, we taught him how to use yahoo games, and facebook. lol hes a beast on facebook, but its because all his friends from DR and family from here are all instantly connected so they all have a ball fukking around on facebook lol that nikka is always on that shyt talking D.R politics with his boys..

its crazy tho how 10 years ago, people needed calling cards to call to D.R and catch up...now its like they monitor they're everyday lives on facebook and chat whenever they want for free...internet is amazing man..

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The WORSE tho is when you would explain something to them in exact English (or whatever your language you speak at home) and they don't get it, BUT go to someone they always listen to and get the exact same instructions.

THEN THEY UNDERSTAND :mindblown: :damn: :dead:

On the low low, when my mom thought my PS2 fukked up her tv, I explained to her why it was bullshyt, then asked the cable guy in front of me "For my piece of mind, just tell me his games didn't mess up my tv".

One of the few times where throwing hands with my own mama came to mind :snoop:

Breh... :wow:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
huh?

I mean it can be moved :manny:

Thought it was just a normal everyday problem .
I'm just saying...

The forum where the most generally funny technical people post would have a lot more comedy on this topic.

:yeshrug:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Yeah he used to get them through work. It was sweet because he brought home a brand new one every year.

The funny story is how he became a computer teacher. He was a math teacher and one day the principal asked who knew anything about computers. He said he slowly raised his hand while looking around. "Okay, Mr. Shuttlesworth. You're our new computer teacher." :smugbiden: :russ:

my pops old laptops didn't even have games on them. So I had no interest in computers outside of the oregon trail. then the innanet hit in the mid 90's and it was like :mindblown:

Brandon M.

City of Angels
Daps
Both my parents have college AND post graduate degrees but they (especially my mom) are just
21155d1375921450-joel-lanning-jaguars-fan.gif

when it comes to technology
knew u were a cacazoid

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yeah I actually do IT support for a living so the instant anybody in my family has a computer problem, guess who hears about it. :snoop:

My parents aren't bad but my grandma...:smh:

But then again, she's 70 and uses a computer reasonably well (she can email, browse the net, print, play online games, etc. without much trouble):whew:, so I suppose that's doing good compared to other people in that age group.

I've actually setup teamviewer on my mom and grandma's computers so I can just remote in whenever they have an issue. It beats trying to figure it out from what they say on the phone.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Took my mom a couple months to learn to use an iPhone but now she's on there every time I see her. She got the pandora, Netflix, FaceTime all down. Took her out dinner a couple weeks ago and she was playing with her phone like a little teenage girl on the way there.:snoop:...Pops on the other hand still asking if his phone got free nights and weekends.:obama:... Always calling me from work "does my laptop have " ASkype?" Come on by after work and show me how to use it.":pachaha: My old man calls all email gmail. "Your aunt is not responding my gmail. Me: What's is it ?...pops : xxxxx@hotmail.com. He's a pro at excel but anything outside that is code red.

Lol, Google fukked me up, man. One of the questions I get asked most is what's the difference between gmail and email.

MF_BREW

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Milwaukee,WI
Teaching my pop how to use photoshop and work the computer, shyt gave me a headache on top of that he will ask question on every little thing . I love you pop but GOTDAMN IT!!

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Yeah I actually do IT support for a living so the instant anybody in my family has a computer problem, guess who hears about it. :snoop:

My parents aren't bad but my grandma...:smh:

But then again, she's 70 and uses a computer reasonably well (she can email, browse the net, print, play online games, etc. without much trouble):whew:, so I suppose that's doing good compared to other people in that age group.

I've actually setup teamviewer on my mom and grandma's computers so I can just remote in whenever they have an issue. It beats trying to figure it out from what they say on the phone.

And this. I had my aunts install teamviewer cause they didn't know wtf I was saying over the phone and I figured it'd just be easier than trying to explain it.

They're always like :ohhh: and :krs: in sound form over the phone.

Edit: Even getting them to download it was :snoop: cause they google everything instead of using the address bar so they end up getting fukked up when I tell them that there should be a big blue button that says download.