Teaching your parents technology.

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
one time i just left while telling my dad he has to register with an account on the BOFA website to access his info
he kept saying how "dumb" it is that u have to keep making new accounts everywhere. i was like ok u tell me how the fukk they're gona get ur account info without registering it on the system

then he gets mad because u need a password, and argued how they're "useless" and pointless..

theres been times where i just wanted to swing at him or kick the shyt out of him because everything he says when im teaching him computer shyt is so fukkin stupid.
am i the only one that's been real close to swinging at one of their parents over computer shyt? :sadcam:

PUT IN WORK

The East
Daps
Reppin
The East
Took my mom a couple months to learn to use an iPhone but now she's on there every time I see her. She got the pandora, Netflix, FaceTime all down. Took her out dinner a couple weeks ago and she was playing with her phone like a little teenage girl on the way there.:snoop:...Pops on the other hand still asking if his phone got free nights and weekends.:obama:... Always calling me from work "does my laptop have " ASkype?" Come on by after work and show me how to use it.":pachaha: My old man calls all email gmail. "Your aunt is not responding my gmail. Me: What's is it ?...pops : xxxxx@hotmail.com. He's a pro at excel but anything outside that is code red.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Took my mom a couple months to learn to use an iPhone but now she's on there every time I see her. She got the pandora, Netflix, FaceTime all down. Took her out dinner a couple weeks ago and she was playing with her phone like a little teenage girl on the way there.:snoop:...Pops on the other hand still asking if his phone got free nights and weekends.:obama:... Always calling me from work "does my laptop have " ASkype?" Come on by after work and show me how to use it.":pachaha: My old man calls all email gmail. "Your aunt is not responding my gmail. Me: What's is it ?...pops : xxxxx@hotmail.com. He's a pro at excel but anything outside that is code red.

:deadrose:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My mom still calls 411. I'm like ummm what are you doing? "I need the number to such and such." You better Google that hoe!! What's wrong with you? 411 is like .99 per call though. I was wondering why the phone bill had risen. She calls, forgets the number or the operator can't understand so she calls back. She's shameful now that I'm thinking about it. My daughter does a lot of things for her she's only 5.

My dad was actually very tech savvy before he passed. He stayed with a new computer or other electronic devices. Hella digital cameras too.

Last edited:

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
My pops is a music guru he use to be a dj.

He got the best sound systems but when it comes other hit :wtf:

DF is BUSY

ididknotnothat.
Daps
Reppin
NYC
teaching moms can be :mindblown: sometimes.... especially when they dont retain all the knowledge and truth bombs you've taught them.

(but they can remember other stupid/little things):confused:

Daps
Reppin
St louis
the experience is fukkery pushed to it's zenith..
:snoop:

256zj9t.jpg

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
My mama turns 66 this year, she texts, runs on facebook, plays scrabble on her laptop, and I'm about to drop this digital camera knowledge on her for this train trip she gonna take to Cali.

My pops tho, mad ignorant. He JUST figured out microwaves. He would just press a random number 3 or 4 times, and let it cook till it looked done :snoop:

DON'T EITHER OF THEM KNOW HOW TO HOOK UP A TV, EITHER :damn:

man my moms is a little younger than yours. now I bought her an ipad 3, and she got an iphone as well. she can get apps, play games, and do all kinda shyt on the i-devices, but still has NO idea how to get music on her phone, even tho I have showed her how to use itunes a few times now.

my pops on the other hand is pretty good and he knows how to use computers, however, he has an iphone 3 and doesn't text, use the internet, or have any apps on it :dahell:

might as well have a jitterbug.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Mom dukes is a trip but I gotta say, pops be on it. :obama:

He was a computer teacher though. I actually have to give him credit for a lot of my tech savvy. Had a computer in the house back in the late 80's.

we ain't have a computer in the 80's, but in the 80's, my pops gig had a laptop they let him take home occasionally to do work. I swear he was bringing this big muthafukka home on the regular back then.

compaq1.jpg

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
we ain't have a computer in the 80's, but in the 80's, my pops gig had a laptop they let him take home occasionally to do work. I swear he was bringing this big muthafukka home on the regular back then.

compaq1.jpg

Yeah he used to get them through work. It was sweet because he brought home a brand new one every year.

The funny story is how he became a computer teacher. He was a math teacher and one day the principal asked who knew anything about computers. He said he slowly raised his hand while looking around. "Okay, Mr. Shuttlesworth. You're our new computer teacher." :smugbiden: :russ:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
:snoop: Man, it takes so much patience
Funny thing is, as a kid, I don't remember my Mom having patience teaching me
I used to get rulers across my knuckles and shyt :birdman: