Teaching your parents technology.

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
My pops asked me to teach him how to text :merchant:

I remember when I taught him how to burn cds and to send emails.

Then this guy started swagging like i ain't check my email in 3 days I know my inbox is packed :takedat:

I be like :usure: 90% isn't junk mail :mjpls:

This guy has a flip phone this is gonna be an adventure :wow:

Anyone else had to teach their parents tech related things?

Poh SIti Dawn

Staying Positive, Getting Better Everyday. Holler!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had to teach my mom how to do things on Microsoft Word like saving papers and shyt like that. I remember I used to get so mad cause I'd be like "damn nikka you can't just explore the program yourself and learn how to use computer on your own like most people my age did?"

Either way most women in my family aren't really into technology unless they need it for work/school anyway.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
My mama turns 66 this year, she texts, runs on facebook, plays scrabble on her laptop, and I'm about to drop this digital camera knowledge on her for this train trip she gonna take to Cali.

My pops tho, mad ignorant. He JUST figured out microwaves. He would just press a random number 3 or 4 times, and let it cook till it looked done :snoop:

DON'T EITHER OF THEM KNOW HOW TO HOOK UP A TV, EITHER :damn:

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Both my parents have college AND post graduate degrees but they (especially my mom) are just
21155d1375921450-joel-lanning-jaguars-fan.gif

when it comes to technology

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
LMMFAO!! I remember when my mom had a flip phone and I was trying to teach her to save numbers. You remember how you had to push each number a few times get to the letter you wanted? Well she wasn't fast enough So all the names the phone numbers were saved under were jacked because she didn't know how to delete. She had a list full of contacts that made no sense. For example my name may have been saved like Rawtalifgj.

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my mom learned all this shyt on her own :win:
my dad on the other hand :snoop:

we've made him like 6 diff e-mails, which he always forgets the username and pw to 2 days later. then on scroll down menus like where u pick your state, he gets furious asking why he can't type california into the box

and he double clicks submit buttons twice :pacspit:

the only thing he knows how to do is DVR shyt. anything computer related he's dumb as a bag of rocks

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
I recently taught my mom how to save pdf's to google drive so she can print them whenever. I left her to her own devices to figure out her computer though and she did pretty well. She's only 44 so she didn't have too hard of a time but she still asks me about stuff.

I've been thinking about buying my grandma an ipad recently but she has a flip phone that she still uses and has a bit of trouble with. I don't know if having something like an ipad will be more or less intuitive. She recently had to switch her cable back cause Comcast was trying some new shyt and she couldn't get used to it.

Oh and my dad :snoop: I've found him on so many social networks. He told me he has women hitting him up all the time, giving him their number but he never calls them lol.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
Mom dukes is a trip but I gotta say, pops be on it. :obama:

He was a computer teacher though. I actually have to give him credit for a lot of my tech savvy. Had a computer in the house back in the late 80's.

innocentdevil

:whoo:
Daps
Reppin
Cali
My dad knows computers because he worked with them when they first started coming out, and my mom is excellent when it comes to typing, but she can get confused when it comes to minor details of how to use a computer...both of my parents when it comes to cellphones is :snoop: X10

Amy Traphouse

Supporter
Daps
Me: You have to click "X" to close the page

Pawpaw: [Hit's x on the keyboard] It ain't working!

Me: No you have to move the mouse and click 'X'!

Pawpaw: Click the 'X' with one of these? [Holds up mouse] :huh:

Me: :snoop:

That was about 6-7yrs ago, he's gotten alot better since then

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To make some extra cash on the side, I was hitting up old white women teaching them how to use the computer. :snoop::snoop::snoop::snoop::snoop: talk about infuriating. Just for them how to understand how to "double click" or move the mouse always brought :leostare: But When Im charging them $20 an hour :pachaha::pachaha:I was patient as hell. They would eventually get it and want me to stay longer to teach them more.

I feel like a proud dad having a 90 year old use an ipad and send emails, even though she paid $300 to learn how to do it :troll::troll::troll:

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
The WORSE tho is when you would explain something to them in exact English (or whatever your language you speak at home) and they don't get it, BUT go to someone they always listen to and get the exact same instructions.

THEN THEY UNDERSTAND :mindblown: :damn: :dead:

On the low low, when my mom thought my PS2 fukked up her tv, I explained to her why it was bullshyt, then asked the cable guy in front of me "For my piece of mind, just tell me his games didn't mess up my tv".

One of the few times where throwing hands with my own mama came to mind :snoop: