Teacher asks only black student in class to read the poem "BLACKER". (VIDEO in Link.)

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I don't know why, the white man already destroyed your spirit.

Genesis 49:9
Judah is a lion's whelp: from the prey, my son, thou art gone up: he stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as an old lion; who shall rouse him up?

It's prophecy that the race war is going to happen, and anyone that isn't blind can see it. It's even prophecy in Native American culture.
so, when are you going to start killing folks? what are your post race war plans, and who is going to employ you after them?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
My reaction reading the article as it progressed:

anticipation.gif

pwnt.gif

omg.gif

surprised.gif

agape.gif

amazed-omg.gif

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Real talk if he c00ned it up he could got some puss. Teachers throwing it at students on a daily.....that was her signal

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
don't show me the pic of the boy, show the pic of that woman who made this crap happen :stopitslime:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
:leostare: ... so I was in 10th grade and I was in honors English class, so honestly it was :mjpls: setting .....put in context I was on decent terms with this lady teacher, my grades were straight and everything... can't remember if it was the class room or lecture hall ... but it was one of these old 1920s black sharecropper monologues, and honestly I think it was black history month ...................................................... so I was asked to read it by my white recent Northeastern transplant teacher, no stipulations, but obviously I could have read it in a British accent and the Southern early 20th century rural Ebonics still would have shown bright....I read it .... and I'm still sorta conflicted about if I should have read it....and if she picked me to read as a way to avoid being reprimanded for allowing a white student to read it and obvious laughter that would insue .........I do sorta remember a white student looking at me and like they were unsure how they should feel about my reading it, I think when you read stuff like that it does cause some conflict for the white as does the black, cause we recognize that just a few generations earlier how real it was..... I'm sure some other literary passages were read that day, but this thead made think about that ... :yeshrug:

On one hand its just literature, on the other hand ........... its deeper than literature

waits for responses :popcorn:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I thought this story sounded familiar.
It's from March...2012.