Task, The sequel to Mare of Easttown, HBO 2025

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Another great episode.

That tension at the end of the episode.

If there was a Mare of Easttown, the series, I would watch the shyt out it. I like the familiar accents. :obama:

I said this before, but I am saying it again, Kate Winslet better win the Emmy for this shyt.

Ugly crying, getting bytch slapped, ugly hair, no makeup, sad monologues, what more do you need?

As far as this show, could this show any more white trash?

Clearly the daughter being gay added nothing to the story except LBGTQ representation.
We said that whenever there is a breh in a show, he is gay, but now every time I see a black female, she is in interracial relationship or gay or in interracial gay relationship. WTF?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Shows don't explore these northern white trash types enough. Yeah we see southern redneck trash all the time but the northern trash think of themselves as 'elites' because they got a lil more money... maybe a brand new truck or some land ...

Still the same terrible human beings.. they just hide it a lil better. Small towns and dirty laundry... and we seein 'em all aired out :mjgrin:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Shows don't explore these northern white trash types enough. Yeah we see southern redneck trash all the time but the northern trash think of themselves as 'elites' because they got a lil more money... maybe a brand new truck or some land ...

Still the same terrible human beings.. they just hide it a lil better. Small towns and dirty laundry... and we seein 'em all aired out :mjgrin:

Exactly breh. If some foreigner watched american tv shows, they would think white trash existed only in the south. It exists up here too. :mjpls:

I hope this series creates more interest in stories in the tristate area.

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My hypothesis:

Billy didn't kill Erin, John did.
Erin was trying to blackmail Billy and John that night for money for the baby's surgery because both of them slept with her at the family reunion; John got enraged and beat her up and then because Erin was threatening to go tell Lori everything and go to the cops, John put a bullet in her head to silence her forever.
Billy was super drunk though and doesn't remember everything that happened and has convinced himself that he must've killed her because he has her blood on his clothes.
John finding out that his dad saw Billy's bloody clothes has him ready to kill Billy and stage it like a suicide so that Billy won't remember everything and instead will take the fall for killing Erin and the case will be closed.
Yeah agreed. What about the BF? That’s the only part that doesn’t fit into that narrative tho. He wouldn’t be pulling guns on that little girl if he wasn’t trying to save his own ass. John def told his wife because he knew she would tell mare even though he told her not to.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

I don't think anyone thinks of themselves as 'elites'. Most rich people think of themselves as 'upper middle class'.

But I think what we don't have a lot of are Northern 'rural' /small town shows. There are lots of shows and movies about people in places like Boston (like 'The Town', etc). But not about people in small towns.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I have a question, since I basically can't tell white people apart. lol

Is the dead girls dad related to the brothers?, is that why they showed up to the house in the first episode?

Why is the exboyfriend of the dead girl burning her diaries, especially after it was known that he was not the father?

Give me your theories but put spoilers because you may be right.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
But I think what we don't have a lot of are Northern 'rural' /small town shows. There are lots of shows and movies about people in places like Boston (like 'The Town', etc). But not about people in small towns.

trust me.. cacs up north definitely believe they are better than cacs down south. Agreed that there aren't a lot of small town northern shows and movies.

Out of the Furnace is dope... everyone should check that one out. Another PA joint.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Yeah agreed. What about the BF? That’s the only part that doesn’t fit into that narrative tho. He wouldn’t be pulling guns on that little girl if he wasn’t trying to save his own ass. John def told his wife because he knew she would tell mare even though he told her not to.
The boyfriend angle and why he's running around like Tupac in Juice is the thing I'm most confused about.

I'm assuming that Erin had some evidence in her journals of him doing some illegal shyt but not sure exactly what it could be.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I have a question, since I basically can't tell white people apart. lol

Is the dead girls dad related to the brothers?, is that why they showed up to the house in the first episode?

Why is the exboyfriend of the dead girl burning her diaries, especially after it was known that he was not the father?

Give me your theories but put spoilers because you may be right.
They are cousins.

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
The boyfriend angle and why he's running around like Tupac in Juice is the thing I'm most confused about.

I'm assuming that Erin had some evidence in her journals of him doing some illegal shyt but not sure exactly what it could be.
Only angle I can think of is the BF doesn't want it to become public knowledge that his girl got knocked up by her own family and hit him with the tab :francis: That humiliation might be too much to deal with in that small ass town.