Task, The sequel to Mare of Easttown, HBO 2025

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
So it looks like the priest is dirty as hell but I'm not convinced he's the killer.

Mare's ex may not be the killer either but his story about just wanting to help Erin doesn't pass the smell test.
I don't think the show would reveal the real killer this early. Its obvious they're going to at least play with the idea that its a serial killer connected to the other missing girl.
Plus, they're never explained the mysterious guy with the hood that Mare saw (or thought she saw) in the first episode. (probably another red herring, though).

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Didn't expect this thread to be somewhat active.

Show's good so far. Not sure the priest did it alone :jbhmm: That's my only guess rn.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I don't think the show would reveal the real killer this early. Its obvious they're going to at least play with the idea that its a serial killer connected to the other missing girl.
Plus, they're never explained the mysterious guy with the hood that Mare saw (or thought she saw) in the first episode. (probably another red herring, though).
I was leaning towards Frank’s fiancé being involved with the murder before the latest episode, but she’s been having way too many reaction cuts lately. I still think Siobhan’s involved in some capacity.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was leaning towards Frank’s fiancé being involved with the murder before the latest episode, but she’s been having way too many reaction cuts lately. I still think Siobhan’s involved in some capacity.
Siobhan’s involvement makes sense and correlates with the storyline that Mare is a shytty mother and raised two fuked up children.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Mare be going in her mom :skip:

Not b/c his actual character has done anything but I feel like Guy Pearce had to be casted for something other than just your typical love interest :leostare:

Plus, everybody in this stankin town act like they got something to hide even if they don't :beli:

I thought Quicksilver talked this dumb heaux outta her bad thought, but I guess not :pachaha:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
I think the priest is a red herring just because it would be such a cliche to have a "fallen" priest as the culprit and I am assuming this show is better than that.

I think the other priest/mare's cousin is the actual culprit. The mere fact that they haven't questioned him and he's not in the running as a suspect is sus to me. We'll def get a twist with one of Erin's uncles being implicated in doing something foul to her.

Last edited:

King Theo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel like it’s not the priest it’s too cliche

I think maybe the cousin priest because he was so friendly in the first episode and now is kinda cruising in the background

I have a feeling about buddy she is dating but, eh idk how that would be tied in

so as someone else said I’m starting to think it’s a woman. Because they undressed her to make it seem like a rape. Maybe Frank’s wife or her daughter(long shot but I wouldn’t be surprised).

Outside of that idk who else it could be. It may just be too early to tell

with that said hbo has struck gold with these mystery who done it shows and even docs. Idk why they are able to get me sucked in but they been fire

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Is that the crackhead? If that's who it ends up being the show would have been a complete waste of time for me.

just saying brehs better prepare themselves for that possible reveal

Freddie moves around the town basically unbothered (no one pays him much attention), he's a fiend, and in the pilot, didn't they bring up something about him not hurting a child when he was tripping :patrice: