Tampa police: Dunkin’ customer who died after being punched used racial slur," Tampa Bruh charged

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
OIP.e8nv7_tpsyZ2NuS-zNUcqgAAAA

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:mjlol:

Cacs are all about stand your ground...but " this is different"

Smh.
I'm gonna say this as somebody that's been called the N word at work. No way am I punching a customer over that especially not some almost 80 year old fool. He gonna catch a manslaughter charge over that. Wasn't worth the temporary satisfaction of hitting the guy because the blow back is gonna be bad. He's probably going to jail over it.

Stand your ground is bullshyt but somebody calling you a racial slur isn't even close to self-defense.

broller

Veteran
Daps
I'm gonna say this as somebody that's been called the N word at work. No way am I punching a customer over that especially not some almost 80 year old fool. He gonna catch a manslaughter charge over that. Wasn't worth the temporary satisfaction of hitting the guy because the blow back is gonna be bad. He's probably going to jail over it.

Stand your ground is bullshyt but somebody calling you a racial slur isn't even close to self-defense.

This is old and he got house arrest, which I'll admit I was pleasantly surprised about.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I couldn’t care less. Both parties made dumb decisions. He jeopardized his future over an 80 year old. He will be working Dunkin’ Donuts type jobs as a felon for life. It’s easy to just tell the old fogey to go fukk himself. Always says that’s the route people should take over petty shyt. The one out of 100 chance you “win” and are still a felon on multi year probation and house arrest isn’t worth it. As stated, and as many others would say, he got off extremely lucky to be in that position. But it ain’t a good position. He’s fukked for life. Calling yourself a felon over something this dumb is a win in your book? He won then I guess. Hope you tip him well when he delivers your Uber eats as his peak job :manny:

Estas enojado:umad:

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
This is old and he got house arrest, which I'll admit I was pleasantly surprised about.

It is not that surprising. The plea deal was offered because the case against him was week.

It is a bit like deal or no deal. The slap on the risk is accepted because it is not worth risking 10 years.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps

Riiiight
:mjpls:

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
It is not that surprising. The plea deal was offered because the case against him was week.

It is a bit like deal or no deal. The slap on the risk is accepted because it is not worth risking 10 years.
That was my initial thought.
Why did they give him this kind of deal? Because they probably couldn’t prove home guilty of anything significant. But dude probably didn’t have money to fight a dragged out case so took the plea

Deus

I'm the REAL Zucotti Manicotti
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kingsbridge
I couldn’t care less. Both parties made dumb decisions. He jeopardized his future over an 80 year old. He will be working Dunkin’ Donuts type jobs as a felon for life. It’s easy to just tell the old fogey to go fukk himself. Always says that’s the route people should take over petty shyt. The one out of 100 chance you “win” and are still a felon on multi year probation and house arrest isn’t worth it. As stated, and as many others would say, he got off extremely lucky to be in that position. But it ain’t a good position. He’s fukked for life. Calling yourself a felon over something this dumb is a win in your book? He won then I guess. Hope you tip him well when he delivers your Uber eats as his peak job :manny:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

Dunkin’ worker gets 2 years of house arrest in death of man who called him the N-word

TheGrio Staff
Thu, March 10, 2022, 8:51 PM·3 min read

Corey Pujols, 27, reached a deal with prosecutors in Tampa, Florida, and pleaded guilty to felony battery in fatal punch.

A Black restaurant worker who punched an elderly white man — who later died — over a racial slur has been sentenced to two years of house arrest, according to WTVT-TV.

Corey Pujols, 27, reached a deal with prosecutors in Tampa, Florida, and pleaded guilty to felony battery, potentially avoiding decades in jail for causing the death of Vonelle Cook, 77.

a646da7c50be9c0f30ace7bbcbc6c4cc

Corey Pujols (left), a former Florida Dunkin’ employee, got a sentence of two years of house arrest for punching Vonelle Cook (right), who called him the N-word. Cook died after hitting his head on the floor. (Photos: Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office and Florida Department of Law Enforcement)
Pujols was working at a Dunkin’ Donuts in Tampa, Florida, on May 5, 2021 when Cook tried to order coffee at the restaurant’s drive-through, court records say, as reported by The Associated Press. But attendants couldn’t hear him, and he became upset. He parked his vehicle, walked into the restaurant and complained about his service, according to investigators.

Store employees described Cook as a regular customer who was “regularly troublesome and abusive,” according to a press release from the Florida State Attorney’s office.

Pujols asked Cook to leave, and the elderly man responded with a racial slur. Pujols told Cook not to use the slur again, but he did. This time, Pujols threw a punch to the senior’s jaw that knocked him to the floor, where he hit his head, according to WTVT.

Cook was transported to a hospital, where he died three days later. An autopsy showed Cook suffered a skull fracture and brain contusions, WTVT reported.

Pujols was originally charged with aggravated manslaughter, which carries up to 30 years in prison. But prosecutors accepted a plea deal that also includes 200 hours of community service and an anger-management class.

Prosecutors told The Tampa Bay Times that they considered a number of factors before agreeing to the plea, including Pujols’ youth and his lack of intent to cause Cook’s death.

“Two of the primary factors were the aggressive approach the victim took toward the defendant and everyone working with the defendant, and that the victim repeatedly used possibly the most aggressive and offensive term in the English language,” Grayson Kamm, a spokesman for Hillsborough State Attorney Andrew Warren, told The Times.

Prosecutors believed Pujols needed to be held responsible for his actions, yet also took into account Cook’s behavior, his “very troublesome criminal history” and time served in prison, which they said made him an “unsympathetic victim,” WTVT reported.

Court records also show that Cook was a registered sex offender.

Pujols’ attorney, Darrin Johnson, declined to comment after the hearing, reports indicate.

TheGrio is FREE on your TV via Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Roku, and Android TV. Please download theGrio mobile apps today!

The post Dunkin’ worker gets 2 years of house arrest in death of man who called him the N-word appeared first on TheGrio.

:pachaha::pachaha::pachaha:

Got to love a story with a great ending..