Talking to oneself: The Official LittleBigPlanet 3 Thread

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Short video of me playing a story level. I'm loving the skins the game came with especially the Ellie skin the game came with :banderas:

Edit:Another one from a challenge level. :wow:

:banderas:

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The game got great scores. It's objectively better than the previous games and that's not really my opinion. There's literally everything from LBP1/2 in here from online levels to content and the story mode is by far superior from the first few levels.

Metacritic incorrectly calculated the game. Their gaming age review is converted from a C+ a 58 when listed on MC. A C+ in no way is a 58 in any shape or form. That bogs down the score and plus it hasn't been reviewed by a large number of sites yet.

Dudebro reviewers are fukking up the joke that gaming journalism already is.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This game is fukking fun....I think I'm enjoying running through this with my daughter more then when we ran through Mario 3d world..

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Got my copy on Saturday, but haven't opened it yet. Possibly will tonight, if not, definitely this week. I got tooo many new games just recently tho (Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, GTAV and this, all within 1 month, smh). And this is on top of buying the wii u as well and 2 more controllers for it. Wife talking about buy another pro controller as well since she don't like the reg. wii joint.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The game got great scores so far. It's objectively better than the previous games and that's not really my opinion but a fact. Literally everything from LBP 1/2/Vita is in here aside from the story levels which can be replicated and improved by users.

Metacritic incorrectly calculated the game's average so far too. The gaming age review is converted from a C+ to a 58 when listed on MC. A C+ is in no way a 58 in any shape or form in anything. Understanding that along with the fact that not every site reviewed it yet and some reviews having more weighting than others, it's simple to see why it's at 79/80 right now.

Reviewers main gripes were that the game doesn't have as much content as its predecessors, and the content it does have does not use the new characters/mechanics very well.

Sure it's great old content can be accessed, but people don't buy new games for old content.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
naw, I mean is it good on PS3?

whats the difference between current gen and next gen LBP?
The game “absolutely looks best on PS4″ in 1080p and with graphical improvements. In Create Mode you can use the DualShock 4′s touch pad, making it much more accessible and tactile. The PS4 version also has some very cool video features, including the ability to create “Mini-trailers” for your levels, allowing people to find the best ones with more ease. Share and Twitch broadcasting will be used as well, even if no more details were given for the moment.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reviewers main gripes were that the game doesn't have as much content as its predecessors, and the content it does have does not use the new characters/mechanics very well.

Sure it's great old content can be accessed, but people don't buy new games for old content.
The story mode is a little short compared to the older ones overall in terms of levels but they still have lots goodies to collect with some requiring co-op. The new characters aren't used as much but then again that's why this game has user generated content. People will make their own hub worlds and levels and use characters how they see fit. The story modes in LBP are almost like a proof of concept. Its there to give people an idea of what's to come and when they come you don't even have time to play them. I still haven't played levels I have queued up from LBP2!

The create mode allows for players to create better adventure levels, story modes and mini games as they like because the same toolset used to create the main story mode is right there to use. It's not like a run of the mill level creator with generic tools seen in other games. Nobody buys LBP just to finish the story mode and put the game away. That's like buying Battlefield games just to play story mode.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The story mode is a little short compared to the older ones overall in terms of level but they still have lots goodies to collect with some requiring co-op. The new characters aren't used as much but then again that's why this game has user generated content. The create mode allows for players to create better adventure levels, story modes and mini games as they like because the same toolset used to create the main story mode is right there to use. It's not like a run of the mill level creator with generic tools seen in other games.
I have not played 3. But the big draw with one and two for me was the content made by the devs. If that content is lacking, then I would enjoy this game less especially at launch when player created content is lacking.

Same thing happened with project spark. The tools are great, but until some great user content is made its kinda meh:manny:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have not played 3. But the big draw with one and two for me was the content made by the devs. If that content is lacking, then I would enjoy this game less especially at launch when player created content is lacking.

Same thing happened with project spark. The tools are great, but until some great user content is made its kinda meh:manny:
Project Spark doesn't have a soul breh. It felt like a generic ass game because I noticed there seemed to be like this bland theme that was apparent in every creation. It's like a forge world from Halo. You instantly know it's a created level if you get what I mean.

There's already great UGC for LBP 3 that's been out since day one.

Trust me breh, content is hardly the last thing that can be considered a con for a LBP game overall. There's lots of side levels that's just as long and fun as a typical story level and there's this other part of the game with these create mode type challenges I haven't done yet.

I never even finish trying out all the levels I want to on LBP games. I just usually play team picks or highest rated levels when searching.