‘Talk to Me’ | Official Trailer | A24 [7/28]

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I just watched this. I give it a 7/10. It was good but overhyped, in my opinion.

Almost everyone in this movie was a lunatic, and I was honestly more pissed off than scared during the movie.

I get that Mia was depressed because of her mother's death, but she was a complete idiot, and honestly deserved her faith.

The cinematography and horror scenes were dope, though. Very intense.

Last edited:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
I just watched this. I give it a 7/10. It was good but overhyped, in my opinion.

Almost everyone in this movie was a lunatic, and I was honestly more pissed off than scared during the movie.

I get that Mia was depressed because of her mother's death, but she was a complete idiot, and honesty deserved her faith.

The cinematography and horror scenes were dope, though. Very intense.

I aint watching this shyt.

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
The flick was aight for what it was, I don’t really watch horror films anymore but it seems like they are straying away from the typical horror vibe & making it more like an intense thriller.

It just might be my age but I didn’t find this scary at all.

Film pretty much reminded me of Smile, which stunk.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Finally watched it. 8/10. Excellent take on the "Kids play with Ouija Board" theme. They tried too hard to do emotional and horror, so the balancing was off. As much as I liked the jump scares in 'Smile', I think Horror movies need to move beyond them, so I was glad there weren't a ton in this movie. The movie ends incredibly well.

lagcats

you're inferior to me, thoughts?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SWEDEN
Finally watched it. 8/10. Excellent take on the "Kids play with Ouija Board" theme. They tried too hard to do emotional and horror, so the balancing was off. As much as I liked the jump scares in 'Smile', I think Horror movies need to move beyond them, so I was glad there weren't a ton in this movie. The movie ends incredibly well.
There will be a sequel called Talk 2 Me : )

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Just read a comment on a YouTube video about the movie and the spirits in it...

"Imagine a drink of water after wandering the desert. Now consider momentarily returning to the world of the living after wandering the empty darkness of death. Those spirits are euphoric in their borrowed bodies. And that euphoria is the high those teens get. The high of contact after loneliness, isolation and touch starvation. The spirits are lonely and starved for contact. They'll say and do anything to stay."