Tales From the Hood gets a sequel

m0rninggl0ry

All Star
Daps
Watched it. It was ok. It can never reach the original but the theme of race, police britility, drugs and dolls are the main theme.

I laughed so hard when the gollywhop doll had sex with the White girl
That first one gave me nightmares for days. Plus all them stories had real life morals and situations built into them. Great under rated anthology horror film. Imo it’s better than creepshow.

Whatever happened to anthology movies?

Hopefully no nazis in this one

There is

Unless Netflix or someone is behind it ...it will probably be garbage

sh1ts needs to be Black Mirror quality but we know it won't get the level of respect it deserves

The acting is garbage but the message is very clear

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
The first story was hilarious and it also showed why I don't trust a black woman who has a cac for a best friend, they made her a c00n and a bedwench. :mjlol: Having said that I knew this movie was going to be Creepshow 3 bad.

The cameo from the doll of the first one though:banderas:. When I saw the doll I was like:krs::ooh:...........................:whoa:.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
The cameo from the doll of the first one though:banderas:. When I saw the doll I was like:krs::ooh:...........................:whoa:.
But then they had him bugging his eyes and acting goofy and ruined it:snoop:. On a second viewing I actually liked "The Sacrifice" because it actually made a very good point, but overall there's no reason for a movie in 2018 to look cheaper than a movie made in 1995:russ:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
But then they had him bugging his eyes and acting goofy and ruined it:snoop:. On a second viewing I actually liked "The Sacrifice" because it actually made a very good point, but overall there's no reason for a movie in 2018 to look cheaper than a movie made in 1995:russ:

The problem with "The Sacrifice" was the fact that it should have been it's own story at best. It didn't fit the mold of this campy goofy ass movie. It just felt out of place. Also, if anything the low budget feel of the movie should have been grimey as fukk like the original movie. It was too damn bright and light hearted like you really got folks laughing and giggling while fukking toy dolls coming out of them:gucci::dwillhuh::martin::what::beli:.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
fukk I'm 10 minutes in and this shyt is painful.

What a waste of the God Keith David.

shyt feels like a CW flick.

Should have had that low budget look. Starting with the dumbass white chick stereotype and her clueless black friend.

God help me....

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
My response from the DVD thread:

It was trash, the leads were good, but the quality of film was the same as a college-level production, certainly not Netflix worthy.

Anyway, the stories were cut poorly, they felt too long between shots and pacing and took forever to get to the point. Also they added unnecessary backstory to extraneous characters.

The point of the originals were to highlight problems that plague our community w/ a a bit of nuanced horror:
Police Brutality
Industrial Prison Complex
Domestic Violence
White Supremacy in Politics

What we got here:
Bedbucking/Wenching fallout
Psychic story made no sense
#MeToo?
c00ning in Politics?

The shyt was all over the place and incoherent mess...Only watched it because Keith David always delivers.....