Talent wise Chris Webber and Rasheed Wallace could have competed for best PF ever!!!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
... LISTENS TO HIS HEAD ... FOLLOWS HIS HEART - ESPN The Magazine

Chauncey Billups once told Jim Rome that Wallace "is so good he gets bored playing against some guys who aren't up to his level." He was never going to be satisfied leading the block-to-block life of a big man. Although he hardly shot threes in high school or college, Wallace started to take them in Portland—"an experiment," he called it—and that changed his game. Suddenly, he was a threat from anywhere. But it also made him a potential threat to his own team.

These days, that team is a member of the NBA's elite. But it goes into the playoffs with one serious flaw: post play. Detroit has yet to replace the likes of Ben Wallace and Mehmet Okur, and it will not win another title unless someone clears the glass and lifts an offense that is suddenly close to the bottom of the league in points in the paint. That someone is Wallace.

The Pistons have plenty of shooters. And though Sheed considers himself a "shotter" ("a shooter takes shots, a shotter makes shots"), that isn't about to replace a daily diet of 12 boards. "Late in the game," says former Pistons coach Larry Brown, "I'd like to see him on the block more." Dumars agrees, admitting the sight of Wallace with his back to the basket makes him think, Why can't he do that 82 nights a year? Ellerbee says he once warned him never to leave the post. "If I was his coach, I'd demand more. More rebounds, more blocked shots. We need a center, not the other crap." Sheed himself admits, "I wish I would have listened to him."

The bolded is what happened to Sheed. The 3 point shot was the worst thing that happened to him.

edit: that something was him deciding to take more 3 pointers. He had a nearly 4 attempt per game jump between 2000 and 2002 :scusthov:

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
Duncan existed, no chance of either dude competing for best PF ever.

I don't think Duncan had the naural talent that Webber had. The biggest difference is Duncan got EVERYTHING possible out of his body/ability, C.Webb not so much.

Also, if he got drafted by Boston or any other franchise, uncan spends his whole career at his true center position.

C.Webb outta college/high school = :ooh::ohhh::gladbron:

C.Webb at the end of his career = :ehh:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think Duncan had the naural talent that Webber had. The biggest difference is Duncan got EVERYTHING possible out of his body/ability, C.Webb not so much.

Also, if he got drafted by Boston or any other franchise, uncan spends his whole career at his true center position.

C.Webb outta college/high school = :ooh::ohhh::gladbron:

C.Webb at the end of his career = :ehh:

:what:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
why isnt Duncan as naturally talented as Webber? thats an absurd statement

JerseyFinest!

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Trenton, New Jerz
Even after the knee injury I think Cwebb avg like 20 and 10 for the Sixers. And Sheed problem was he was never consistent, even in his prime...even UNC days, Stack was the best player on those teams, he would go stretches you forgot he was on the court, but he would dominate the next game. Looking like he just rolled outta bed and said fukk a comb

Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas is bugging up in here, Webber was NEVER as good as KG. KG was the far superior defender, better rebounder in his prime, better athlete, and about even on offense. KG was/is much more intense as well. Webber was a 5x all star. KG got 14 all star appearances. Webber will NEVER make the hall of fame. KG will make it his first time. Yall are ridiculous.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
nikkas is bugging up in here, Webber was NEVER as good as KG. KG was the far superior defender, better rebounder in his prime, better athlete, and about even on offense. KG was/is much more intense as well. Webber was a 5x all star. KG got 14 all star appearances. Webber will NEVER make the hall of fame. KG will make it his first time. Yall are ridiculous.
Webber was a better offensive player than KG. Thats almost not debatable.

I dont know or care about the "more intense" bullshyt either.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Webber was a better offensive player than KG. Thats almost not debatable.

I dont know or care about the "more intense" bullshyt either.
I can't even say that. Webber just shot the ball more. Defensively its not even close. KG was just a much better player.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Webber had a better back to the basket game. Lets not make up stuff to boost players up. Webber was a beast in the post when he wanted to be. He was a better passer than KG.

KG is a better player than Webber, I am not arguing that but lets not re-write things to prop up players when it is not needed.

Mandizi

5-I-3 till I D-I-E
Daps
Reppin
Cincy
rasheed was a bigger disappointment then c-webb

c-webb was a top five pf but was never better than tim, dirk, or kg...but rasheed could have been top five in the league had he lived up to his potential. Like my breh said, he was so close to the kg/dirk level at the 4...he could dunk, shoot, post up, rebound, defend and if he was more disiplined in portland was on track to being one of the best...thank god he came to detroit and got us a ring though :win:

False.

C-Webb shytted on Dirk during the early 2000's. Dirk only became better around '03, and that's arguable.

Mandizi

5-I-3 till I D-I-E
Daps
Reppin
Cincy
Overall tho, Webber is top 10 pf ever, and Wallace is probably a top 25-30 pf ever.

Mandizi

5-I-3 till I D-I-E
Daps
Reppin
Cincy
Rasheed Wallace had the talent to be the best PF in the league...dude literally had no holes in his game. He was athletic, could take you off the dribble, could pull up, shoot on the catch, had range all over the court, back to the basket game, incredible hands, great finisher, could pass...AND he could lock you up on defence on the perimeter or in the post. I honestly think he could've been just as good, if not better, than KG, CWebb, and Duncan, had he actually applied himself and TRIED.

ehh...his rebounding wasn't up to par...like you said if he tried I'm sure he could've been a double-digit rebounder