Talent wise Chris Webber and Rasheed Wallace could have competed for best PF ever!!!

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
This.................

People forget JO was putting up 55 point games in his prime, too bad the knee injury ruined him
He was doing all that at just 25. Too bad injuries ruined his career. He was on his way to the hall of fame.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
He was doing all that at just 25. Too bad injuries ruined his career. He was on his way to the hall of fame.
Yeah that was my dude too, shame Artest ruined Indy's last serious run, because as fast as JO started to bubble, he got injured, and was:flabbynsick:

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
CWebb had a great career. He played at a high level for about 9 years. I wouldnt say the knee injury cut his career short. Too late in the day here at work for me to get past page 1 but many of you are buggin the fukk out. Webb was never better than Dirk or KG? Ridiculous. KG never had the handles, scorers mentality, or passing ability of CWebb. Dirk wasnt better than Webb until the Piston/Sixer years. Dirk has always been a better 3 point shooter. Thats where it stops. Duncans 1st year or 2 in the league, him and Webb are shoulder to shoulder. Yall overrating Sheed too. You cant compare him to Do it All 4's like Webb, KG, & Dirk. Sheed had no handles and wasnt a good rebounder for his size. Dont recall much shot blocking from him either.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this is the truest, DC shoulda been better than everyone

word? I remember it being an even match up, but Im young so it may not have happened.

I was in Carolina for all those games, went in thinking Sheed was going to assert his dominance, left realizing Duncan was too powerful a robot.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Duncan existed, no chance of either dude competing for best PF ever.

I don't think he could have been better than Duncan, but if Sheed was mentally checked in and dedicated himself to the game like others he could have definitely rivaled Duncan along the way.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tim Duncan comparisons aside, Sheed underachieved like hell in the NBA. Webber had a great career and his career narrative would be significantly altered by that ring he got cheated out of.

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Rasheed had more potential. He could've been at least as good as the likes of Dirk and KG. He could shoot it from anywhere, had a great post game, great defender, great passer...Sheed could really do it all on the court.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Tim Duncan comparisons aside, Sheed underachieved like hell in the NBA.
something happened to Sheed after 2001. Dude just stopped giving a fukk and it upset me greatly.

then again, we saw it in that game 7 against the Lakers when he dominated for 3 quarters, then decided to be a jump shooter that 4th.

a player like Sheed or Coleman shows you how mentality is as, if not more, important than athleticism and talent.

edit: that something was him deciding to take more 3 pointers. He had a nearly 4 attempt per game jump between 2000 and 2002 :scusthov:

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
SHEED DA KANG!!!!!

too bad he was lazy as fukk.. i used to argue on that site that shall remain nameless all the time about him being better than EVERYONE

verbaltelekinesis

LWO Joint Chief
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
... LISTENS TO HIS HEAD ... FOLLOWS HIS HEART - ESPN The Magazine

Chauncey Billups once told Jim Rome that Wallace "is so good he gets bored playing against some guys who aren't up to his level." He was never going to be satisfied leading the block-to-block life of a big man. Although he hardly shot threes in high school or college, Wallace started to take them in Portland—"an experiment," he called it—and that changed his game. Suddenly, he was a threat from anywhere. But it also made him a potential threat to his own team.

These days, that team is a member of the NBA's elite. But it goes into the playoffs with one serious flaw: post play. Detroit has yet to replace the likes of Ben Wallace and Mehmet Okur, and it will not win another title unless someone clears the glass and lifts an offense that is suddenly close to the bottom of the league in points in the paint. That someone is Wallace.

The Pistons have plenty of shooters. And though Sheed considers himself a "shotter" ("a shooter takes shots, a shotter makes shots"), that isn't about to replace a daily diet of 12 boards. "Late in the game," says former Pistons coach Larry Brown, "I'd like to see him on the block more." Dumars agrees, admitting the sight of Wallace with his back to the basket makes him think, Why can't he do that 82 nights a year? Ellerbee says he once warned him never to leave the post. "If I was his coach, I'd demand more. More rebounds, more blocked shots. We need a center, not the other crap." Sheed himself admits, "I wish I would have listened to him."

The bolded is what happened to Sheed. The 3 point shot was the worst thing that happened to him.