Taboo - Tom Hardy/FX Series (Official Thread)

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Man, the third episode had pretty much everything in it to justify the show being called "Taboo". :deadrose:

I think my favorite part of the show is how Delaney is clearly a madman, but at the core is also such an instinctual survivor that he still manages to stay ahead of everyone.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I'm in :wow:

What do y'all think why Jack needs that "widow" ? For what he wants to use her? Why didn't he simply kill her when she showed up in his house demanding the half of it? She came out of nowhere, the butler didn't even know her... Aside of her being potentially dangerous to him the whole thing feels fishy too :jbhmm:

peppe

Superstar
Daps
Watched 3 episodes in a row and wow :wow: sensational, the acting, the setting.

I need Tom Hardys coat it's just so bad ass when he walks around. Then tension between his half sister, it has me rooting for some taboo shyt.:mjgrin:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'm in :wow:

What do y'all think why Jack needs that "widow" ? For what he wants to use her? Why didn't he simply kill her when she showed up in his house demanding the half of it? She came out of nowhere, the butler didn't even know her... Aside of her being potentially dangerous to him the whole thing feels fishy too :jbhmm:

Jack? It's James, lol. Anyway...

As the widow of his father she is entitled to part of his will. Remember that their marriage was researched by the Thoyt and proven to be valid, so she has legal claim. She made it perfectly clear that she doesn't care about Nootka Sound, at least not as long as she doesn't know what it's worth. Delaney knows however that she can be manipulated by the Crown or the East India Company (which they immediately did with her setting up the assault of the duke) in order to get access to the claim through her.

What was Zilpha's husband referring to when he told her to stop bleeding?

He desires a child (an heir) but she was on her period. To be more specific, there's an obvious friction between since she clearly loves Delaney and not him and is deliberately withholding having intercourse with him, and he implied that she has been faking her periods in order to avoid having intercourse.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jack? It's James, lol. Anyway...

As the widow of his father she is entitled to part of his will. Remember that their marriage was researched by the Thoyt and proven to be valid, so she has legal claim. She made it perfectly clear that she doesn't care about Nootka Sound, at least not as long as she doesn't know what it's worth. Delaney knows however that she can be manipulated by the Crown or the East India Company (which they immediately did with her setting up the assault of the duke) in order to get access to the claim through her.

He desires a child (an heir) but she was on her period. To be more specific, there's an obvious friction between since she clearly loves Delaney and not him and is deliberately withholding having intercourse with him, and he implied that she has been faking her periods in order to avoid having intercourse.

I don't think she is faking her periods. I think she can't get pregnant, and that's why he brings up her periods. She keeps having them. He thinks there's something wrong with her body. But, I bet there's something wrong with him. And once James fukks her, she will get pregnant.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
I don't think she is faking her periods. I think she can't get pregnant, and that's why he brings up her periods. She keeps having them. He thinks there's something wrong with her body. But, I bet there's something wrong with him. And once James fukks her, she will get pregnant.

I thought he was low-key insinuating that she might be unable to conceive because of her and James' ancestry. :mjpls:

She was quick to correct the husband that her and James were only half-brothers in the first episode, but it sounds like her and her Mother's olive skin was being passed off as being "Italian".:mjpls:

Tbh I'm going to have to re-watch all of this.:patrice:

Stez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Third episode done.

This has been perfectly done so far HOWEVER the King keeps pulling me right out of being completely lost in the story because of the ridiculous casting/make-up/costume job

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
Prediction...

I feel like that girl Winter is a figment of James imagination. She be just popping up randomly in unreasonable places. The only thing that casts doubt on my position is that other kids saw her too when they took that failed assassin's tooth. When James said Winter was Helga's daughter, she didn't confirm or deny. She teared up. I'm thinking that Winter could have died at some point.