Ta-Nehisi Coates interview.... This Tony Dokoupil cat is disgusting as fukkk tho....

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/10
@mehdirhasan
Me: "What were you thinking in that moment?"

TNC: "I was in a fight...it took me a moment...but the answers to the questions were right there at hand."

Ta-Nehisi Coates, to me, about *that* awful CBS/Tony Dokoupil intv on his Palestine book.

Full intv: Ta-Nehisi Coates Talks to Mehdi About Israel, Palestine, and Apartheid

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1842594046537093120/vid/avc1/1280x720/iNRdgOgo0zAdUwHv.mp4

2/10
@mehdirhasan

[Quoted tweet]
"Biden's a Zionist... he basically said to a Jewish audience, we know you wouldn't be safe without Israel. Hold up, that's YOUR job Joe! So are you saying that you're not going to protect Jewish Americans?”

Ta-Nehisi Coates to me.

Watch full interview: zeteo.com/p/ta-nehisi-coates…

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1842594013620109312/vid/avc1/1280x720/lGUX6e1NGZFWM1jb.mp4

3/10
@DrWest_235
"I just think we need more Palestinians telling the story."

This is the most effective way to rehumanize the Palestinian people who have been reduced to inanimate statistics in the Western media.

4/10
@intel_jakal
TNC handled that situation with such grace and dignity. I immediately became a massive fan.
The world needs more TNC's.

5/10
@FAWADBAHAWAL
Sounds like Coates was ready for the fight, standing firm with the truth in hand. When you're speaking on Palestine, the truth always finds its way through the noise!

6/10
@KaaroMaachi
What Israel is doing in the occupied territories is self-defense, while what others are doing in defending their own country is considered extremism, right?

7/10
@bigdog02302
Just think if Palestinians were the ones who occupied Israelis and put them in concentration camps wait didn’t nazi’s do that tell me again why Palestinians are to blame and made to pay the price of their genocide it was white ppl that killed 6 million Jews and white ppl that killed over a million muslims for Israelis safety

8/10
@mns
Hahah

9/10
@bigdog02302
How can the genocide of the Jews be any different from the genocide of Palestinians and Muslims as a whole we have committed,stood by and watched the atrocities of the Middle East for 50+ years why would anyone think it would change when slavery still exists

10/10
@RBrookman34
Why is it “awful” for an interviewer to challenge an author on the arguments stated in his book? Coates took on a controversial topic. He took one side of it and did not address or even mention alternative perspectives, including the security concerns animating the policies to which he objects.

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
To be fair, none of us has read the book yet. I bought the book based on the interview and I'm a big fan of Ta-Nehisi Coates and I didn't even know this was coming out. I'm sorry a journalist has every right to ask these questions and I'm glad he did.
He was intellectually dishonest, racist, dog whistling and of course turns out to be a Zionist Jew himself.

You’re either slow or just trolling for a reaction.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
He was intellectually dishonest, racist, dog whistling and of course turns out to be a Zionist Jew himself.

You’re either slow or just trolling for a reaction.
Neither. I got something out this that I wouldn't have if the host didn't ask these questions.
I respect journalism. If you write the book that Coates has written and that I'm currently reading, you should be able to answer these questions.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Neither. I got something out this that I wouldn't have if the host didn't ask these questions.
I respect journalism. If you write the book that Coates has written and that I'm currently reading, you should be able to answer these questions.
Nothing wrong with asking questions

He was awful with his approach

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
This was an embarrassing attempt to destroy the man’s book. One of the more shameful media interviews I’ve seen in a long time. Nate and Gail had nothing to say about the two other aspects of the book - black focused topics…..A stark reminder that black faces in media are generally just pawns.
Finally, Doukapils wife, Katy Tur, is also trash, and a low level journalist…nothing to do with the topic, I just want to hate.

Oh shyt that's Katy Tur husband :ohhh: ? I noticed ever since katy's career got hot after following the Trump campaign trail in 2016 she gets extra :mjpls: with Democrats on MSNBC