The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

you can't be fukking serious...

Is this supposed to be our ally?

Racism May Have Gotten Us Into This Mess, But Identity Politics Can’t Get Us Out

:laff:

THIS IS WHY AFRO-PESSIMISM EXISTS! Because girls like this:

write articles that say dumb shyt like this:

None of this should be surprising after reading Coates’s historical account — tragically, in America, black lives don’t matter. But given this political reality, progressives should think hard about whether it’s good strategy to make black faces the singular mascot of a broader and more inclusive movement. Race is an important factor in this narrative, but centering it exclusively risks shifting focus away from those voter concerns that politicians can actually control. Personal prejudice, unfortunately, is not one of them.

HOW CAN WE WIN WITH shyt LIKE THIS?!?!?!?! :mindblown:

Man see, as much as I like leftist media, this shyt just bothers the living fukk outta me.

Now black people have to cede their identity that we didn't even create to comfort white people to MAYBE eek out economic gains with programs that really don't even do shyt in the long run?

The fukk is up with that? Just so you can fulfill some quixotic marxist wet dream?

:what: :dahell:

@GzUp @wire28 @Atlrocafella @Blessed Is the Man @ezrathegreat @Jello Biafra @humble forever @Darth Nubian @88m3 @Dameon Farrow @jj23 @General Bravo III @2stainz @BigMoneyGrip @hashmander @Call Me James @MVike28 @VR Tripper @Soymuscle Mike @BaileyPark31 @Darth Nubian

Last edited:

CBSkyline

Chill
Daps
This whole exchange between them and the comments that followed has been fascinating to watch unfold. It also made me realize that their greatest strength is the other's blind spot.

Oville

Pro
Daps
I'ma big fan of Tanehesi Coates but I do agree with West's critique of they way Coates lionizes Obama and West his analysis of why its not entirely accurate to tie Malcolm's legacy to Obama. Coates has been an advocate of having policies that directly influence black people which is something Obama always ran away from. I also feel that he has a point that Obama can be considered a black face for an American agenda that reinforces ideas of American exceptionalism, manifest destiny, and the white man's burden.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Lol Richard Spencer just co signed West. How intersectional that racists, feminists and "class not race" progressives are attacking him.

Spencer's playing games to catch easy fish. He knows that his picking a side subtly shyts on both of them. Don't fall for that.

Trump is at least as bad Spencer, and he was co-signing things like anti-globalism and saying the Iraq War is wrong and we shouldn't be starting so much shyt in other countries. Was he right? Yeah, in that moment. Did he actually mean it? Hell no, and neither does Spencer.

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

The guest in this one discusses West vs Coates around the 25 minute mark and they get into their difference in views on racism. I'm not done with the interview to give much more than to say that this offers a bit of West's side's perspective.