Ta-Nehisi Coates Deletes Twitter Account After Feud with Cornel West :snoop:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Whether it be MCs, DJs, athletes, actors or Black intellectuals it is a bytch move to tear your Black peers down in public forums. If you got a problem do it off the record, call someone, meet them one on one, etc. Otherwise, it is counter productive and really makes it seem like it may be about something else other than the subject you are bringing to the table.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of what west said is not unfair, but no need to get personal

But I hate how everyone comes for coates. He was attacked by blativity twitter over his book and now this. Just leave the man alone if you don't like what he writes.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
For starters, there is nothing "new" or "modern" about the liberal ideas or thought that this label gets tagged to. Just because certain ideals started to get recognized instead of ignored doesn't make them new.

It is also used as ammo among liberals to attack each other, it's silly as hell in my opinion.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Whether it be MCs, DJs, athletes, actors or Black intellectuals it is a bytch move to tear your Black peers down in public forums. If you got a problem do it off the record, call someone, meet them one on one, etc. Otherwise, it is counter productive and really makes it seem like it may be about something else other than the subject you are bringing to the table.
Yep

teacher

All Star
Daps
Its worse cause his intersectional bullshyt gives cover to leftists who want to push that "white working class" bullshyt

Communism won't fix racism.

If theres paper to get, lets get it.

Theoretically in communism racism won’t matter though. The big deal with racism in general is the economic disadvantage. It will help socially as well since people can’t assume they make more then you or you don’t make enough because of the shade of your skin. The rest of it is name calling or a hate crime.

On a sidenote I think it would of been great if West was in the West Wing during the Obama era :mjgrin:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Theoretically in communism racism won’t matter though. The big deal with racism in general is the economic disadvantage. It will help socially as well since people can’t assume they make more then you or you don’t make enough because of the shade of your skin. The rest of it is name calling or a hate crime.

On a sidenote I think it would of been great if West was in the West Wing during the Obama era :mjgrin:
that shyt never worked :dead:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
So I’m not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone in particular here.

Just came to say that maybe I’m just an old fogey (I’m not old but feel like it), but are we at the point where people deleting their social media accounts is now news?

I hate social media culture. Any kid I have and any phone they get will be basic as fukk. Social media culture is cancer.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
A lot of what west said is not unfair, but no need to get personal

But I hate how everyone comes for coates. He was attacked by blativity twitter over his book and now this. Just leave the man alone if you don't like what he writes.
That's my only issue. He says it with vitriol.

Mikael Blowpiff

#LosIngobernabrehs
Daps
Coates doesn't argue that defeating WS is nigh impossible. He argues that it's probably going to take bloodshed, and he personally has no interest in that.

I don't think that it will take bloodshed necessarily, but it probably, at least as far as this country goes, will take the breakup of the United States and its fall as a global power. This is why accelerationists are fine with Trump destroying the country from the inside, though I have a whole number of issues with the accelerationist mindset.

No matter how it happens, black people will be hurt in an outsized way while it happens, but where else is there to go if you want black folks to be free of a state run on WS?
:manny:

a colonialist state founded on slavery and genocide and exploitation was bound to devolve into a death cult that eats itself

wickedsm

Auntie Mozelle
Supporter
Daps
This is stupid...... Cornel West shouldn't need to go this way to get publicity for himself...... Black intellectuals always getting into bullshyt over fame. Also Cornel has been on the wrong side of history...... for over a decade straight. Coates is right about WS and how it infects everything, even how we interact with each other.

well once again
lets spend time fighting with one another publicly for the enjoyment of yt people
especially scumbags like Richard Spencer

theres ways to disagree on some things and agree on others

but you know
alot of us are addicted to doing the devils work for him

Concerning VIolence

Decolonizer
Daps
Reppin
the belly of the empire
It's one thing to criticize Coates on intellectual grounds, it is another to try to go after him as if he is the enemy.

The only black people who really seem to be offended by Coates seem to be people who think Coates isn't extreme enough?! Or that some white people like him? Or that he is...a writer?! I don't know - these people seem very illogical. I mean, the dude was raised by black panther parents, went to Howard (dropped out) and writes about how white people objectively, factually, and historically oppressed black people...but he is the enemy? Take a look at this bio and tell me that this is the white man's ally:

"Coates was born in Baltimore, Maryland. His father, William Paul "Paul" Coates,[9] was a Vietnam War veteran, former Black Panther, publisher and librarian. His mother, Cheryl Lynn (Waters), was a teacher.[10][11] Coates' father founded and ran Black Classic Press, a publisher specializing in African-American titles. The Press grew out of a grassroots organization, the George Jackson Prison Movement (GJPM). Initially the GJPM operated a Black book store called the Black Book. Later Black Classic Press was established with a table-top printing press in the basement of the Coates family home.[2][12]"

Are these brehs jealous that he became famous for his hard work? Do they not understand that he is a writer and not a god? Coates isn't saying he's a god - a perfect Kanye-like person like Cornell West. When people ask him questions in interviews and he doesn't know the answer he says "I don't know. I really don't know." He encourages other people to think for themselves and to write from their lives.I'm glad Coates deleted his twitter. Why waste your time talking to idiots?

Cornel and people like him don't know shyt about staying the fukk on code.