Albums SZA - SOS (Discussion Thread)

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL

thecoli told me SZA aint have the juice like that...

tumblr_inline_nwr5hvS6Be1qdozhv_500.gif

Daps
thecoli told me SZA aint have the juice like that...

tumblr_inline_nwr5hvS6Be1qdozhv_500.gif

they did the same thing in the CTRL thread. to a T... first talk shyt about TDE, then talk shyt about her makeup, say the album is not going to do well, make horrible first takes after 1 listen, then finally when they realize sza and tde can't be stopped, start giving props. shyt corny as hell lol

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
they did the same thing in the CTRL thread. to a T... first talk shyt about TDE, then talk shyt about her makeup, say the album is not going to do well, make horrible first takes after 1 listen, then finally when you realize sza and tde can't be stop, start giving props. shyt corny as hell lol
CTRL kind of started slow sales wise but kept picking up, and quickly had multiple hits. Once people saw that she had like 4-5 hit records on that album and that it kept selling for years (it's on the Billboard 200 right now lol) it should have been clear she was big. Grats to her. I wonder if this means the lights go on at TDE again. I'm not sure there's an excuse for any of their artists not to release a project next year. Q, Jay Rock, Zay, SiR, etc.

Sucks SiR didn't get a release date this year, he could have opened up for SZA and Omar Apollo on the tour.

Daps
CTRL kind of started slow sales wise but kept picking up, and quickly had multiple hits. Once people saw that she had like 4-5 hit records on that album and that it kept selling for years (it's on the Billboard 200 right now lol) it should have been clear she was big. Grats to her. I wonder if this means the lights go on at TDE again. I'm not sure there's an excuse for any of their artists not to release a project next year. Q, Jay Rock, Zay, SiR, etc.

Sucks SiR didn't get a release date this year, he could have opened up for SZA and Omar Apollo on the tour.

as far as people that frequent music forums, it should have been clear from the moment she was signed to TDE that she was big. cuz she came out hard af and never stopped, and she's on probably the greatest independent label of all time. either some of yall aren't really music connoiseurs or
kendrick-lamar-hating.gif

i don't see a reason for zay to release next year. he should be taking a long time to relax after the drama this year

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i don't see a reason for zay to release next year. he should be taking a long time to relax after the drama this year
he won't do this, but i feel the opposite. zay's fans stood by him and didn't give not one fukk - songs from THIB still ended up on my most played list in 2022. and fans went crazy for those leaks earlier this, including group buys. he had a long layoff between the first and second album, i'd love him to come back and keep the momentum and see how his fans embrace him, but knowing him and TDE it'll be 2025 before we see another album :francis:

Daps
he won't do this, but i feel the opposite. zay's fans stood by him and didn't give not one fukk - songs from THIB still ended up on my most played list in 2022. and fans went crazy for those leaks earlier this, including group buys. he had a long layoff between the first and second album, i'd love him to come back and keep the momentum and see how his fans embrace him, but knowing him and TDE it'll be 2025 before we see another album :francis:

well it'll be up to him to put in the work to make it happen. tde got him off the priority list this year and they have like 5 other artists who moved up the list now.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
as far as people that frequent music forums, it should have been clear from the moment she was signed to TDE that she was big. cuz she came out hard af and never stopped, and she's on probably the greatest independent label of all time. either some of yall aren't really music connoiseurs or
kendrick-lamar-hating.gif

To be fair TDE basically been dormant for a long ass time so I get it. But the SZA stuff is also a demographic issue. Lot of dudes here aren't tuned in with anything women or young people like, so they get surprised by numbers like this.

I think Zay should drop solely because all these dudes should be on a two year album release schedule. Unless you're a superstar (Kendrick, Drake, Rihanna, Beyonce etc) you can't take long breaks from releasing music. Zay was gone forever, Ab was gone forever, Q has been gone for 3+ years, SZA was gone for 5 years etc. That's not sustainable or good business. SZA has hits/relevance and is basically a superstar now so it worked but the careers of their other artists have clearly been harmed.

Daps
To be fair TDE basically been dormant for a long ass time so I get it. But the SZA stuff is also a demographic issue. Lot of dudes here aren't tuned in with anything women or young people like, so they get surprised by numbers like this.

I think Zay should drop solely because all these dudes should be on a two year album release schedule. Unless you're a superstar (Kendrick, Drake, Rihanna, Beyonce etc) you can't take long breaks from releasing music. Zay was gone forever, Ab was gone forever, Q has been gone for 3+ years, SZA was gone for 5 years etc. That's not sustainable or good business. SZA has hits/relevance and is basically a superstar now so it worked but the careers of their other artists have clearly been harmed.

you can't forget there was this 2 year thing called corona virus. ab-soul almost died. zay had to get his shyt together. and sza never really lost any motion in 5 years. but aside from that i think they should be back on their regularly scheduled 2-3 year program now that we back outside.