Albums SZA - SOS (Discussion Thread)

Solo_87

All Star
Daps
Sonically it fits right in with this era which is boring, when she does dip into other production from different genres it sounds like some retarded baby of Avril Lavrigne & Taylor Swift.

From a songwriting perspective the shyt is weak :manny:

fukk me and leave :beli:
Why you fukk other girls and play me :beli:
I got surgery but it look natural :beli:

“You were balls deep, now were beefing” :beli:
You a sneaky link keep it on the low :beli:

No one understands me but you :beli:

People play me I’m tired :beli:

The one song that people gassing up (Smoking on my Ex Pack)

Loop up a sample & say:

Got you talkin' crazy
Abracadabra, you n’s Sideshow
I'm bobbin' like Psycho
You gassin' like Texaco
Infection like microbe

Are you serious? :beli:

Literally the only song that truly stood out was Ghost in The Machine.

:russ:

Never understood why people hype her pen so much

Tho I believe the writing on CTRL was better

Then her singing leaves a lot to be desired

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
:russ:

Never understood why people hype her pen so much

Tho I believe the writing on CTRL was better

Then her singing leaves a lot to be desired
Bro don’t get me started on that whiny ass voice :beli:

bytch are you cuming, going through puberty or is someone chasing you? Which one? :beli:

But her pen was better back with CTRL if memory serves me

N.J.stan

RIP Mac Miller
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Is the mastering off on this or is it my youtube music stream? shyt sounding rough on my system :jbhmm:

If anyone knows where i can cop the physical, post it up. Need that stocking stuffer for my girl

DonRe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This shyt is low vibration music it’s like…so much sing talking, no cleverness, n word this, bytches that, it’s really “vibey”, have a bytch over fukk her to it type shyt….boring, damn I’m getting old lol.

Shout-out Cleo Sol & Greentea Peng
Man i fukks heavy with this vibey shyt. Yeah i fukks with cleo sol alot too and luckey and all them sangin ass artist. Past and present

But that don tolliver, jhene aiko, summer, sza, etc be bangin hard in the whip.

I look at it as we have had, in my opinion, the pinnacle of rnb in the late 60’s and all the 70’s, where soul music reigned supreme and its numerous manifestations.

So theres no toppin that.

But now we have this. And this shyt is good to great.

Last edited:

nightpupil

ElderzInMegaHallz
Daps
I want to check it out, but these damn hackers keep stopping me from going to dl sites without some redirecting me to some click here for your new beautiful virus. They took out my deemix account as well. I'll get it someway.

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
Man i fukks heavy with this vibey shyt. Yeah i fukks with cleo sol alot too and luckey and all them sangin ass artist. Past and present

But that don tolliver, jhene aiko, summer, sza, etc be bangin hard in the whip.

I look at it as we have had, in my opinion, the pinnacle of rnb in the late 60’s and all the 70’s, where soul music reigned supreme and its numerous manifestations.

So theres no toopin that.

But now we have this. And this shyt is good to great.
Oh don’t get my old man yelling at cloud posts wrong, I was literally listening to this a few minutes ago:

:myman:

My main issue isn’t necessarily the vibes it’s moreso I can’t listen to an entire album like that, it’s also the lack of creativity with writing.

I mentioned it in a previous thread but there’s a severe lack of metaphoric writing as well as alluding to a person of interest without the listener knowing the identity or gender. The song topics also feels…recycled, no nuance. It feels like more singers are on some “this is my personal diary I ain’t got time for all that”. I respect it, times change, music changes, I get it but…I’m not gonna call it good just because you put every thought to paper, went in the booth witcha lil whiny voice, and said here.

You punish me by making me listen to 22 songs in the streaming era, they better goddamn be immaculate pieces of work you muddasucka :umad: