System of A Down - "Chop Suey"

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
Tool doesn't sound Nu Metal at all tho...

System Of A Down had a sound that was somewhat similar to Korn and other NM bands that came out in that era...at least with their first 3 albums. I havn't heard anything from them past Steal This Album. Because they are a good band some rock fans try to separate them from that whole late 90's/00's Nu Metal. movement.... they do this with the Deftones as well

True but people still wrapped Tool into that genre. Soad weren't as groovy as korn imo to be considered nu-metal ever. D was playing solos on their first album and they have too many songs with progression. Toxicity had a hint of nu but not a whole lot. Most bands from that era do eventually out grow that title(slipknot, disturbed, the deftoned as you mentioned) but some metal fans keep that label attached to them even though it doesn't belong or is inaccurate. Every now and then, people allow you to escape that hell. Remember when Soulfy was nu - metal? I think it has more to do for some with the time period and less the actual song structure, lyrical delivery, or content.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
:mjlol: these tragic mutts got severe mental illness for real
So you just gonna ride my dikk for years and not @ me in this thread:martin:

Let me know when you are in ATL, Miami, or New Orleans... I would love to play the instrumentals on your chin :banderas:

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Got this confused mongrel in his feelings:mjlol:

Picture me getting chin checked by an alcoholic that does splits while listening to pitbull :mjlol:

TillWeDie

All Star
Daps
i appreciate them way more now than before...not sure why...maybe too into hip hop at the time. I also like Incubus and was into that Light Grenades album when I first started listening to Blu n Exile Below the Heavens

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
So you just gonna ride my dikk for years and not @ me in this thread:martin:

Let me know when you are in ATL, Miami, or New Orleans... I would love to play the instrumentals on your chin :banderas:

Picture me getting chin checked by an alcoholic that does splits while listening to pitbull :mjlol:

Just spilled my got damn drink. You nikkas ain't shyt. :deadmanny::deadrose:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

tenor.gif

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

I told you to @ me though fakkit:martin:

I want all your energy.. You quote me on everything else but not other nikkas.. I think you like me low key:dame: