Swole talks about representation issues with AEW

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Wait..........the Sean Dean win over MJF was a DQ?

:mjlol:

nikka running around like he beat MJF legit. Khan funny as hell for that. :mjgrin:

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps

defending daddy khan instead of swole :stopitslime:

Quote comes near the 35min mark, near the end

Mark says he loves Swole but Tony Khan got a raw deal with what was said and people piling on social media. Mark and the co-host discuss diversity in AEW how he feels about the response to people like Hobbs and Sean Dean.

The spiciest bit was when he said that himself and Sean Dean have been going into schools that people have wrote off. He's invited people that worked for AEW to go with them before, including Swole, and they didn't come.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah that's it exactly.

Starting at 16:12

"Myself & Shawn Dean have been going into schools that people have wrote off. You're not going to hear about these schools we go to. When we start talking about community service & serving the communities that you work in, we're going to these schools...they've. If you've ever seen the movie Lean on Me that's what some of the schools we go in look like in the beginning & when we leave there it looks like the end of the movie. & we want to keep supporting those people, those administrators & those superintendents to show kids what success looks like & what it could look like for them. & I've invited people including Swole & I've invited people that work for AEW or past tense that worked for AEW. & everybody don't come, everybody don't support."

Daps
Please listen to Swole's latest podcast. I feel for her. She talks about the aftermath of her comments. You miss out when just reading the words or a recap without hearing them. She was getting racist death threats while wrestling for AEW. It's only 35 minutes so it is not long, but it is very telling.

A Time for Everything

Last edited:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Please listen to Swole's latest podcast. I feel for her. She talks about the aftermath of her comments. You miss out when just reading the words or a recap without hearing them. She was getting racist death threats while wrestling for AEW. It's only 35 minutes so it is not long, but it is very telling.

A Time for Everything
I feel bad for her but i'm not surprised at the death threats. Where she continues to mess up is trying to speak up for everyone, because every race in AEW spoke up for Tony and didn't support her at all.

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
I feel bad for her but i'm not surprised at the death threats. Where she continues to mess up is trying to speak up for everyone, because every race in AEW spoke up for Tony and didn't support her at all.

Well that's the problem, and thats why Tony is a piece of shyt. She didn't need every race speaking up. He knew what he was doing with that tweet, Swole was specifically talking about Black representation and Tony shifted it to "diversity" overall. Swole was and still is 100% correct, AEW has an issue with Black representation at the top of their cards, on ppvs, basically anywhere it matters.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Well that's the problem, and thats why Tony is a piece of shyt. She didn't need every race speaking up. He knew what he was doing with that tweet, Swole was specifically talking about Black representation and Tony shifted it to "diversity" overall. Swole was and still is 100% correct, AEW has an issue with Black representation at the top of their cards, on ppvs, basically anywhere it matters.
And a clear example of it is how Cody is unable to wrestle tonight so they slot Dustin Rhodes into the TNT "interim" title match with Sammy Guevara instead of Scorpio Sky (who is currently in a feud with Cody and Sammy).

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
How about have Scoprio as the one doing the pinning:ld:
200.gif

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
How about have Scoprio as the one doing the pinning:ld:

Dude went from being apart of a struggling tag team, got Sonic's ring, and smacking Ethan's ass:why:.

It scares me that there is a Scorpio Sky fan out there and they have to defend this nonsense.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Yea Swole didn’t initially speak about everyone, she specifically mentioned diversity as far as the black wrestlers and their standing in AEW, THEN she mentioned how everyone else were presented.