Swole talks about representation issues with AEW

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
AJ Lee, as the top star of the women's division, tore Steph apart for how they were treating the women in comparison to the men. Vince effectively told Stephanie she better not say shyt that would be construed as negative and made Steph tweet out a sanitized PR statement where she praised AJ using her voice to bring light to the situation.

So yeah, he IS supposed to keep his head down, mouth shut, and not say shyt if he's not gonna give the PR spun response. shyt, even if you think he's in the right to clap back (He's not), he said that shyt publically in front of potential investors, viewers, sponsors, and most importantly of all, employees.

TK forgot that he can't pick and choose when to be the boss of the company and that eyes are ALWAYS gonna be on him at the worst time imaginable. And now he has a PR nightmare to deal with going into the new year because he attacked a much beloved and respected former employee on a public forum for speaking her mind (Weeks after he praised her and showed love, at that) and a lot of fans/talent are rightfully pissed about it.

This. Tony's gotta get himself under control, regardless of whether he's right about a situation or not. Can't have Twitter fingers like this when you're running a company.

Tanahashi Coates

Superstar
Daps
i have a gf already u ditzy fakkit…

You having a fukkn temper tantrum over this big swole shyt…:umad::umad::umad:

Starting the new year off right:smugbiden:…multiple tsc fans are done with aew :banderas:

I said months ago, prove you're black while you're doing all accusing others of being white. Otherwise shut the fukk up and commit that David Carradine :ehh:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
This and I wasn't a fan of her in the ring, but Tony should have kept that shyt to himself in the rebuttal.

The thing with Swole is that she can help wrestlers get over. Like she has this unselfish demeanor in the ring which sadly handicapped her whole aura. Her feud with Britt was wild slept on because of the pandemic. Khan could have easily ran that back with Tay and Rosa in the mix.

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
This. Tony's gotta get himself under control, regardless of whether he's right about a situation or not. Can't have Twitter fingers like this when you're running a company.

He doesn’t distinguish people making constructive criticism from people who are just hating. Not sure if it’s on purpose or it’s just his personality to be protective over his company.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos

WWE just posted this too

Not playing the whatabout game by ANY stretch, but is is fukk black women wrestlers day?

As I said previously, the wrestling industry is one step forward and a L tumbling backwards:francis:.

That Summerslam shyt killed what fukks I have to give to the WWE. Dub is Dub, but the fact that they had Bianca looking lost only to lose the belt with that quick shytty finish disgusted me. Nevermind a quick 5 minute match that could lead into a potential feud, they just bush the jawn:why:.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
abuelo-simpson.gif

Both made good points, both are also on some bullshyt on some level. Swole made good points when it came to the handling of the women's roster and the need for a little more structure all around, and yes they could do a little better with pushing the black talent they do have, but where exactly are these ready and available top level black talents, male or female? A lot of the best are either in WWE or on non-competes, and the ones they have have not shown themselves to be either ready for the top of the card or don't move enough numbers to justify pushing them beyond their skill level. Swole certainly didn't; she's charismatic, but terrible in the ring and unavailable for long stretches due to her Chron's. The fact that she couldn't have a passable cinematic match, regardless of circumstances, says a lot for how ready she was (not) for a top line push. All the representation talk is fine and good, but if you're not putting on good matches and your segments aren't moving numbers (and only Britt comes even close to being a real consistent numbers mover ratings wise among the women, despite her still being very much a work in progress in ring), what exactly is TK and the powers that be supposed to do? This shyt is a business, not a charity, not a political platform, and I wish more fans would understand that. Not to mention that it's actually disingenuous to say that AEW has a representation problem when 7 of their champions have been non-white. Black wrestlers, sure, we can talk about that, but non-white? They're doing better than people want to admit on that front.

With all that said, TK should've just thrown his phone somewhere, put the adderall and Whiteclaws down, and just let it ride. Like, I literally pulled the :snoop: when I saw his tweet. If you're trying to improve on this front anyway, and you actually didn't renew Swole because you thought she was a bad wrestler, just let everything play out and take a step back. Especially since she's not entirely off base here. Very unprofessional on TK's part, and shyt like this is why Jags fans and Fulham supporters hate him so much: dude just can't let shyt go when necessary. People talk shyt about promoters in wrestling all the time (and this wasn't even THAT bad) and the world doesn't need Jaguars Tony trying to clap back.

What a stupid situation this is.

Are you on Wreddit or Wrestleforum? cause you basically had some of their same dog whistling talking points in that spoiler

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:snoop: Playfighting so terrible right now

Come to Puroset :wow:, over here NOAH is making bank like the mid 2000s, NJPW is reverting back to Inokism, DDT is clocking bank, STARDOM and TJPW are perfect alternatives to the questionable bullshyt of women's wrestling going into 2022.

We gotcha fam :wow: