Swizz Beats in his feelings after barely making the top 20 NYC producers of all time

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
He's been around since the 2000s though, right? I think he started before Harry Fraud did.
similar time Alc recognizes him too. Dude does full albums that are solid front to back carrying an East Coast sound. Harry Fraud has worked with bigger acts but V Don is much better.

straightcash

All Star
Daps
similar time Alc recognizes him too. Dude does full albums that are solid front to back carrying an East Coast sound. Harry Fraud has worked with bigger acts but V Don is much better.

I had already listened to some V Don tracks but when he linked up with AR-AB is when I noticed his name.

Eto out of Rochester, NY began putting out mixtapes in 2006 and he linked with V Don in 2007. That's my frame of reference. I wonder when V Don actually started producing for rappers. :jbhmm:

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
Swizz is entitled to feel that way

Dame Grease, L.E.S., Beatminerz and VDon are the biggest omissions

Havoc is over RZA bc Havoc’s career had a way longer shelf life

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Tried to tell yall how overrated Swizz was as a name. Yes,Swizz,Timbaland,Neptunes make alot of hits in hiphop. But does that mean they should get the recognition they do is top hiphop
producers in the game? People always immediately think hits when those discussions happen. There should be a seperate list for top hitmakers. Because you can make a hit that sounded good in that time period,but sounds garbage now. To me thats not good production now is it?
Neptunes absolutely

raoulduke187

All Star
Daps
Swizz need to keep it real with himself and be glad he was even included his shyt is really not that good

and I fukks with RR heavy :yeshrug:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Larry Smith should be much higher
Marley could be higher, arguably #1 because he invented modern sampling and for what he did for Rakim and the Juice Crew
I prefer Premier to PR, and think his impact was greater, but I'm not mad at that order
Swizz, Aarab and 808 whoever don't even belong on here. Swizz should be happy.
Beatminerz, Chyskillz, Showbiz, Just Blaze, 45 King and several others should be there ahead of them.

Mag Wheel

All Star
Daps
Swiss has made some classic beats before fasho but honestly I’ve heard way more mediocre and wack beats by Swiss than dope. shyt, he is actually just a successful Dame Grease biter.🤷🏾‍♂️