Switching pre-orders from PS4 to Xbox one!? Hmm Interesting!

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I haven't really entered the Foray of Fanboy Warfare but honestly though... the most important thing for Next Gen, in my opinion, is the online game experience...

We know both systems will have fun games but really though...

That XBox One controller and all online games having Dedicated Servers Ethers anything else being talked about.

If it really is true that X1 will have dedicated servers as I read you guys post about..then how can PS4 even compete in terms of entertainment level if they are still fukking with P2P for the most part?

Anybody have answers? If not, then X1 is a day 1 cop and really my only system cop Next Gen.

All games DO NOT have dedicated servers. They are available for devs to use. Some choose to keep their own in house shyt.

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
All games DO NOT have dedicated servers. They are available for devs to use. Some choose to keep their own in house shyt.
MS has the infrastructure for it already built in. Sony has well ???????????????????????????????????????

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

Right...but if it is available, why wouldn't devs do it? As the years pass, I would imagine the constant usage of an established dedicated server system would significantly decrease the possibility of "Day 1 server crash" that most top tier online games experience.

2 years into the Next Gen life cycle, a broad dedicated server system will run efficiently and most likely more dev friendly, it can't be a bad direction.

Them not having to worry about "covering up" potential poor hit detection on the X1 would be a godsend for me, as I am a strictly multiplayer gamer now.

Why chose majority p2p, if X1 will have a broader and more "dedicated" approach to better online experience?

At this stage in the marketing of their systems, has Sony released any info that they are going into that direction?

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Right...but if it is available, why wouldn't devs do it?

Some want control of their own servers. That's all.

The games I'll be playing online multi on this launch both use dedicated servers so I'm good (BF4 and KZSF). The free 2 play games use em by default as well.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Some want control of their own servers. That's all.

The games I'll be playing online multi on this launch both use dedicated servers so I'm good (BF4 and KZSF). The free 2 play games use em by default as well.

I'm big on NBA 2K, BF, CoD(I hater MW3 and all BOs, but will be a sheep and get Ghosts), Tom Clancy Games and Rockstar games...

Something just doesn't sit right if we are waiting for devs to do dedicated servers when some haven't done it already.

A system that is making it a standard for dedicated server play with no need for a dev company to foot the bill to establish their own dedicated servers means smaller companies who will be able to bring great online innovation can benefit from dedicated servers also.

Alot of the time, a smaller market game would flourish if the online played smoothly, setting them up for higher profitability and chances for sequels.

I like that.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'm big on NBA 2K, BF, CoD(I hater MW3 and all BOs, but will be a sheep and get Ghosts), Tom Clancy Games and Rockstar games...

Something just doesn't sit right if we are waiting for devs to do dedicated servers when some haven't done it already.

A system that is making it a standard for dedicated server play with no need for a dev company to foot the bill to establish their own dedicated servers means smaller companies who will be able to bring great online innovation can benefit from dedicated servers also.

Alot of the time, a smaller market game would flourish if the online played smoothly, setting them up for higher profitability and chances for sequels.

I like that.

But if the dev already HAS their own shyt.....:yeshrug:

Not hating, but if you do use peer 2 peer matchmaking when dedicated servers ARE available. That's kinda weak (NBA 2K I'm lookin at you - even though i'm not coppin the next gen version of it this year)