Switch Pro to support 4k video, starting price $399

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
i'm just going to make a bot and get one then call it a day.
after seeing pokemon Arceus clipping in the debut trailer I know I need this to run it :unimpressed:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Another question I have, will it be able to use the same dock? If so that could cut the actual price of the switch down a lot or add to it.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Another question I have, will it be able to use the same dock? If so that could cut the actual price of the switch down a lot or add to it.

how?

we both know nintendo is not gonna sell the new switch without a dock regardless...they gonna make folks pay that full $399

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i still think 60 fps performance is more important

1080p 60 fps on every game is better than 4k 30fps now if games can reach 4k 60fps that's an added bonus but they should target 60 locked
I agree for the most part but if you've ever played some of these switch games on 55 in true HD tv... It makes the games look almost like a generation and a half older.

The next zelda or metroid game can't be looking like that

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
how?

we both know nintendo is not gonna sell the new switch without a dock regardless...they gonna make folks pay that full $399

I guess my line of thinking was they could save money just selling the switch on its own and kind of have some brand synergy with original adopters by letting them keep their docks.

Honestly, idk this mid gen refresh feels different due to the way the console/handheld is made. I’m interested to see how they pull it off.

I’m interested to see if the pro model has the same draw as the original model. I don’t think a lot of casual all-ages gamers really care that much about 4k and all that stuff, which is like Nintendo’s core audience. The enthusiast of course will be lining up for it but I think the enthusiast is still a minority of Nintendo’s demo.

And on top of all that the original switch is still selling like hot cake, way more than the ps4 and xbox one when those mid gen models came out.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
4k video or 4k gaming? There is a difference:unimpressed:

Minimal upgrades but at least they are not charging an arm and a leg...still might get the 5 before this since my switch is my the least used system

Daps
I agree for the most part but if you've ever played some of these switch games on 55 in true HD tv... It makes the games look almost like a generation and a half older.

The next zelda or metroid game can't be looking like that
i have and it looks good in 1080p but them i haven't played a game in 4k

My samsung tv is 55 inches but not 4k

the 720p and 900p games look a little rough

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
if I’m not impressed with the details as more come out then I’m done with the switch...I will sell this unit and just give my account to my godson...I’ve achieved a very good balance between the PS5 and the XSX but the switch is getting damn near zero burn...last full game I played on this shyt in almost over a year is ‘my friend pedro’ which I could’ve easily played on any console

I guess my line of thinking was they could save money just selling the switch on its own and kind of have some brand synergy with original adopters by letting them keep their docks.

Honestly, idk this mid gen refresh feels different due to the way the console/handheld is made. I’m interested to see how they pull it off.

I’m interested to see if the pro model has the same draw as the original model. I don’t think a lot of casual all-ages gamers really care that much about 4k and all that stuff, which is like Nintendo’s core audience. The enthusiast of course will be lining up for it but I think the enthusiast is still a minority of Nintendo’s demo.

And on top of all that the original switch is still selling like hot cake, way more than the ps4 and xbox one when those mid gen models came out.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
if I’m not impressed with the details as more come out then I’m done with the switch...I will sell this unit and just give my account to my godson...I’ve achieved a very good balance between the PS5 and the XSX but the switch is getting damn near zero burn...last full game I played on this shyt in almost over a year is ‘my friend pedro’ which I could’ve easily played on any console

I’m not sure if i can miss out on BOTW2