‘Swamp Thing’ Series Produced by James Wan in the Works at DC Universe (Cancelled)

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Disney needs to buy DC

giphy.gif

:lolbron:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
What they’ve announced so far has my curiosity. But the catalog is where my interest lies.

Disney afternoon, the animated movies, and all those marvel cartoons need to be here. It’s crazy to think generations worth of material could be lost forever or only able to be watched on an illegal stream somewhere. X-men and Spider-Man aren’t on Hulu anymore. Iron man and FF haven’t ran in forever. And I don’t remember seeing the hulk cartoon anywhere since it ended.

Much like dc universe lets me watch every iteration of every animated show they’ve ever done, this needs to be the same for marvel.

That reminds me, when that WarnerMedia streaming service launches next year, do you think the DC Universe streaming service will be folded into it?

You gotta remember the DC Universe service was planned & worked on before Time Warner was sold to AT&T. While the upcoming Warnermedia service is the baby of the new AT&T ownership.

:ehh: @MartyMcFly I told yo so:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Yep, you sure did.

And mind you when everyone been trolling, questioning and shytting on Disney’s “possible” moves with Marvel.

I too been hinting and saying “cats better watch closely what’s going on with DC”

I even recently raised my eyebrow when it was announced that they pulling or won’t be airing newer seasons of their Arrowverse shows.

But a small few folks tried to dismiss it as I’m “being a stan or trolling”:hubie:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I read the NC tax stuff.. I thing whoever produced swamp thing screwed up.. they took it as 8-10 mil per episode and it was clearly the 15 mil per season... and they also misread the total grant... its not total for your project .. it the total for the entire state and ALL projects

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Somebody gets fired over this right?...Can't imagine this ending in a write-up with a timeline to improve...:mjlol:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
https://thegww.com/swamp-thing-inside-the-downfall-of-dcs-murky-monster/

As you all know by now, DC Universe’s ‘Swamp Thing’ series has been cancelled. Amid varying accusations of what went down behind the scenes, from tax paperwork errors to a colossal budget, The GWW spoke to several people close to production on the series about what actually happened.

When WarnerMedia and AT&T first saw footage from the series, they were not pleased. Certain executives found that they did not care for the direction of the show enough to continue supporting its sizable budget (around $80 million), and decided in March to stop production early. Production halted just after filming was completed on episode ten of the series. Around mid-April, reshoots on episodes two, four, seven, and ten. A new ending was written for the season (now series) finale, and production wrapped for good on May 1st.

Initially, crew members were told to start tearing down sets on May 2nd. However, things changed on April 22nd, when it was announced sets were to stay up for the time being. The reason? Different networks, including HBO and The CW (who save since passed on the series), were looking at picking it up for a second season, while WarnerMedia and AT&T were still mulling over their options. It was ultimately the group effort of executive producers James Wan, Gary Dauberman, and Mark Verheiden, and DC themselves, that were pushing Warner Bros. to reconsider the cancellation. They decided to wait until mid-June to make a final decision. But, Warners decided to pull the plug early last week: this was expected but it is unknown why they did it so early. The swamp set is currently being taken down in North Carolina.

Sources also stress that the new leadership at WarnerMedia are very keen on doing more shows in the formulaic style of The CW’s ‘Arrow’ and ‘The Flash,’ and less shows like ‘Doom Patrol’ and ‘Swamp Thing.’ One source even says that Len Wiseman (‘Underworld,’ ‘Live Free or Die Hard’) was hired as director to make the show seem like more of a procedural. This tactic wound up backfiring as Wiseman put his own horror spin on the series, which execs were very displeased with. Disney’s upcoming streaming service is said to have spooked WarnerMedia as well.

One more funny tidbit, the producers wanted actress Crystal Reed, who plays Abby Arcane, to dye her hair blonde to be more in line with the comics, and she told them no. The day the cancellation was announced, she made an Instagram post showing off her new blonde hair with the caption “the rebellion,” as a way to give one last middle finger to the studio.