Survival of the Fittest: Official 2014 New York Giants Season Thread

DirtyD

Last Time That I Checc'd......
Daps
Reppin
Queens
There was a time when Osi Umenyiora couldn’t wait to become a free agent. He wanted money he was sure the Giants would never pay him. He wanted respect he was convinced he wouldn’t get in New York.

Two years ago he finally got his wish.

Now he sounds like he wishes he didn’t.

“You know, that’s a question I can’t really answer,” Umenyiora said on Wednesday on a conference call with the New York media. “I think I did what was best for me, and the Giants did what was best for them. That’s pretty much the only way I could answer that.

“Do I wish I was still there? I mean, who knows what would have happened if I was still there? Nobody knows. So I can’t look back at that with regret. And I’m sure they don’t look back at it with regret either.”

Maybe not, but the regret sounded pretty obvious between the hesitations and the sighs, as Umenyiora spoke in advance of his first game at the Meadowlands and against the Giants this Sunday since he left for Atlanta after the 2012 season. It’s become a common theme, especially during the Jerry Reese/Tom Coughlin era. Players who do remarkable things in New York go elsewhere for more money, then watch as their careers begin to die.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...grets-falcons-osi-umenyiora-article-1.1960389

osi_umenyiora_drunk-400x330_original_crop_north.jpg

:salute:
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

MINNEAPOLIS —

The Falcons suffered injuries to three offensive linemen in the 41-28 loss to the Minnesota Vikings and had to finish the game with tight end Levine Toilolo playing right tackle on Sunday.

Left guard Justin Blalock, a mainstay on the offensive line, suffered a back injury with 6:53 left in the second quarter and did not return. His injury appeared to the less serious of the three.

Later, right tackle Lamar Holmes left the game with a foot injury. He had a boot on his right foot after the game.

Center Joe Hawley, who left the game on crutches, suffered a right leg injury.

The defensive line has been pretty good so far this season, but they really need to step it up and take advantage of all these Falcons offensive line issues.

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...grets-falcons-osi-umenyiora-article-1.1960389

osi_umenyiora_drunk-400x330_original_crop_north.jpg

:salute:

The defensive line has been pretty good so far this season, but they really need to step it up and take advantage of all these Falcons offensive line issues.

It’s become a common theme, especially during the Jerry Reese/Tom Coughlin era. Players who do remarkable things in New York go elsewhere for more money, then watch as their careers begin to die.

^^ truth

I know Tuck wishes he was still here for sure

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh he is gettin' some...but not always from his wife. I know that for an absolute fact. :sas1: Honestly speaking, Prince by all means is a c00n, but if he performs...all is forgiven :blessed:
How would yu know for a fact unless it's uour bytch and you there watching? Or you watching :dwillhuh:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
don't be too hyped for ODB tho, folks. this is his first week of practice since joining the team...and he's a rookie. it's gonna take some time not only to get on the field, but to get his timing down with eli & know wth is going on.

altho this offense was simple enough for reuben randle to get used to...so it shouldn't take ODB long. :lolbron:

HarlemUSA

Lightbringer and Azor Ahai
Supporter
Daps
I know this is fukked up :snoop: but someone I know got locked up recently.

One time in 06-07, 07-08 Sb win, second time 10-11, 11-12 sb win, now this time...that championship star is aligning for next year :lupe:

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
Just saw the video on Giants.com of ODB Jr. warming up with Parker, Cruz & (slow in the face ass) Randle :wow: Boy was swaggin just practicing :wow:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
I know this is fukked up :snoop: but someone I know got locked up recently.

One time in 06-07, 07-08 Sb win, second time 10-11, 11-12 sb win, now this time...that championship star is aligning for next year :lupe:
crazy lol...and you know what else will occur next season that also happened during the other 2 runs???

We play the AFC East in the reg season. :smugdraper: