Survival of the Fittest: Official 2014 New York Giants Season Thread

PIFF101

Bring back the Golden Era
Daps
Reppin
The Mecca of HipHop
Why don't you want to see the team do well again? Giants need a reboot.

1VzLViT.png
At you questioning if I want the team to do well again?

TR7

Trust in Sean Marks
Daps
Reppin
The LI
Why don't you want to see the team do well again? Giants need a reboot.

I'm right wit you. This team has serious flaws, and instead of hitting reset and doing the full fix we keep trying to paper over the cracks. Well the dams just about bursting.

This team was headed for 2-4 wins last season if not for a crazy lucky run of facing QBs off the street. Some decent signings this summer, but there's still way too much to fix.

I don't feel good that I want this team to suck this season, but that might be the only thing that finally wakes up Mara to bring the axe.

I'm tired of this team doing the same old shyt making the same old mistakes over and over. No pass rush, Offensive line is a joke, Eli not in sync with his receivers, Eli forcing balls he shouldn't, defense giving up big plays, can't run the ball when it matters. This same shyt has been going on for too long.

I.V.

Keep this Fire
Supporter
Daps
No need to panic for a 2-14 season yet.

But they looked terrible. Didn't block, didn't get enough pressure, nobody was open, guys weren't on the same page. Just not very good. Plus Kennard got hurt. Beaty got worked, walton got worked. It wasn't pretty.

jflores

Pro
Daps
Reppin
From Brooklyn living in Houston
Just the first game, so obviously no need to panic, but after starting off 0-6 as fans we want to see some fight and start off differently. As much as I was happy in the beginning for the new OC, as constructed I just don't think the Giants have the personnel to run a west coast offense. I guess we shall see, these motherfukkers cant lose to the Texans, I refuse to show up to work if they do.

HoLLaBaCK

SOHH ICEY
Daps
Reppin
New York
Honestly I wonder if we could fleece some team like maybe the Rams for a 1st or 2nd for Eli.

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Eli, he led us to 2 SB's. Eli is the greatest Giants QB of all-time...but its time to move on. He's not washed and while some team might take a shot at him (someone missing a QB) lets see what you can get.

I don't want TC gone though. I like his coaching style and I actually liked the plays called by McAdoo, might need to get rid of PF though :mjpls:

Maybe I'm over reacting but this entire o-line is trash brehs, this isn't some easy fix...this is gonna take a long time. Why bullshyt it away asking Eli to do something he doesn't do well. Lets see what we can get and start Nassib! I think Nassib is a better fit for this offense, he throws a quick ball and is slightly mobile so when the o-line breaks down (which it does EVERY PLAY :mindblown:) he can buy some time.

Watching the game yesterday is not only hit me how trash this o-line is...but the WR's too. Cruz doesn't want to make a play on the ball, he's not attacking it like he did in the past...then when Eli does finally throw him a good pass he has a mental lapse and drops the ball :smh:. Rueben Randle doesn't seem to know where the fukk he is suppose to be during any given play, JJ12 cant do shyt but reverses. I thought the WC offense would help to cover up the weak o-line...turns out our WR's cant get open.

I'm not saying trade Eli this week. I'm just saying that if it keeps looking like this Eli got to go...no later than this off-season.

Reese gotta go 2 :camby:. I like his free agent signings, he seems to know when to cut ties with a player, however his drafts have been terrible!!

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://www.bigblueview.com/nfl-sche...ngs-we-learned-monday-night-recap-final-score

not worried yet. Don't get why we didn't pay more attention to the O-line tho
At this point Reese is too full of himself it seems , nicca won't address needs till he absolutely has too. To me the line needed a real overhaul with the play they had last year and they don't bring in a tightend ( I still dont understand why we couldn't keep Bennett ) and the oline he goes some half ass patchwork deal despite the way they played last year . He seems to think randle will become a great receiver at some point which I can't see , and the front 4 last year couldn't pressure qbs yet he let's tuck go and decides kiwi who has yet to be anywhere near a elite pass rusher is Enough . What if jpp will never return to form ?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:shaq2:Id throw some shade at Randle even more than Cruz,we need him and hopefully OD to open things up for Cruz
At no point has randle looked competent , I saw him in preseason running wrong routes like he has zero football iq . Cruz idk about cause he has zero help from the other receivers I mean Donnell was the only other help he got :dwillhuh: and we were vs a patchwork secondary . Also as innaccurate as Eli can be he isn't getting anytime to scan the field or step up in the pocket or even breath . I'm really disappointed in Reese for leaving Eli out on a island with this shytty line , wrs and no te . Even with scwartz they been terrible

DirtyD

Last Time That I Checc'd......
Daps
Reppin
Queens
If JPP doesn't play well and start in at least 13 games this season, it's time to move on from him this off season.
Jason Pierre-Paul let out a primal scream when his arm was moved while he laid on the turf Monday night at Ford Field. It left Giants fans holding their collective breaths, especially when Pierre-Paul walked slowly off the field in the first quarter and was eventually taken to the locker room on a cart.
The former All-Pro defensive end returned later in the first half from the neck injury and finished the contest. He made several impressive defensive plays working down the line of scrimmage against the run. There was little sign of any lingering effects.

But what about moving forward? With a short week after playing on Monday night, the Giants expect to keep Pierre-Paul limited at practice.

"I'm sure we'll monitor it, but he really felt good after the game and [Tuesday] morning as well," coach Tom Coughlin said. "We'll list him as limited, but the fact that he came back and played and played with good energy, didn't seem to have any issues, I think that is a good sign."

While Pierre-Paul may be fine, he wasn't the most serious injury coming out of the loss in Detroit. Punter Steve Weatherford suffered a high ankle sprain and had an MRI on Tuesday. Coughlin did not have the results as of mid-afternoon.

The Giants likely need to make a roster move. Weatherford's ankle was the size of a basketball on Monday night. The Giants don't have another punter on the roster.

While the loss of Weatherford would hurt, it would not be at the same level as Pierre-Paul. The Giants have put all the eggs in their pass-rush basket on the defensive end after two injury-plagued seasons.

Pierre-Paul, 25, had 16.5 sacks in 2011. He had 8.5 in the past two seasons combined, in large part because of health problems. But he was a participant in every training camp practice this summer and entered Monday night's opener the healthiest he's been in years.
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/...ist_him_as_limited_this_week_at_practice.html

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
we started 0-6 last season...so let's chill out. i just wanna know wtf is up with this dude's "hamstring". :birdman: