Survival of the Fittest: Official 2014 New York Giants Season Thread

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn I'm ready for this season to start.

I feel good about this season. Look lets face it Eli looks like shyt, quick accurate throws is just not his game...add that to the fact he doesn't trust his o-line (he spends more time watching the pass rush then his WR's).

With all that said watching this pre-season I can see we can RUN THE FOOTBALL. Hopefully the coaches noticed this as well and decide to be a RUNNING FOOTBALL TEAM. Jennings looks solid and Williams looks damn tough to tackle, add that to the fact that Jennings seems to be able to gather those god awful screen passes Eli throws :beli:. That seems to be the strength of this offense, just let Eli make the occasional slant or play action pass deep. I don't totally want to shyt on Eli either, he's always been scared of the pass rush. Eli was shytty back in 05-06...then he developed trust in the o-line, shyt years latter he actually became pretty good in the pocket. The beating he's taken since that playoff game against the 9ers has fukked him up. So I say run the ball and let Eli be a game manager.

The Defense looked average but that's because it was real vanilla with no game planning. I cant wait to see that new secondary out there, I feel like we are gonna be hard to throw on. You got Rolle playing the best ball of his life and he actually gets to play safety this season (as oppose to a slot corner because of some injury), Browns back and if he resembles what he did 2 years ago this secondary will get turnovers. If the pass rush decides to show up that will be a bonus.

I got WAAY of topic but if we run the ball and play D we should be just fine.
I think your being alittle tough on Eli breh ,his wr play besides Cruz last year was garbage , and at this point I don't care what Eli does randle is getting blamed cause man seems to have a brain of stone not to mention first Reese hated lbs now he hates TE. What type of te by committee bullshyt is this nicca running :snoop: and finally I wouldn't say he's always been scared of the pass rush cause I've seen him stand in the pocket and make throws and take his beatings before without the Brady /Peyton theatrics afterwards. We've seen Eli turn suspect receivers and ok TEs into stars but he needs a line that doesn't only give up sacks and get penalties .

HoLLaBaCK

SOHH ICEY
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think your being alittle tough on Eli breh ,his wr play besides Cruz last year was garbage , and at this point I don't care what Eli does randle is getting blamed cause man seems to have a brain of stone not to mention first Reese hated lbs now he hates TE. What type of te by committee bullshyt is this nicca running :snoop: and finally I wouldn't say he's always been scared of the pass rush cause I've seen him stand in the pocket and make throws and take his beatings before without the Brady /Peyton theatrics afterwards. We've seen Eli turn suspect receivers and ok TEs into stars but he needs a line that doesn't only give up sacks and get penalties .
NaAa breh at this point being alil tough on Eli would be saying I think Nassib runs this offense better. :ld:

Eli's getting top 5 QB money and at this point he is far from top 5. Watching this pre-season the offense at times (anytime they did anything other then run) looked like it wasn't an NFL offense. It's clear something is wrong, could it be they are saving it for the regular season...sure I'd love to see that (I don't root against the Giants just to prove I'm right). Eli doesn't just look Eli bad (u know the usual crazy over throw), he's fukking looking Rex Grossman bad. He's fumbling and flopping all over himself, getting stripped of the ball every time he even attempts to do anything but throw.

I just don't get how a 2 time SB MVP can revert to what I've seen last season and this pre-season.

Last edited:

DirtyD

Last Time That I Checc'd......
Daps
Reppin
Queens
The Giants went into training camp hoping that one of the tight ends would be able to play well enough distinguish them self and earn the starting spot. None of them performed well enough for this to happen so now the team is stuck having to shuffle between Fells, Larry Donnell and Adrien Robinson to start the season.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Giants went into training camp hoping that one of the tight ends would be able to play well enough distinguish them self and earn the starting spot. None of them performed well enough for this to happen so now the team is stuck having to shuffle between Fells, Larry Donnell and Adrien Robinson to start the season.

Reese has for the most part overlooked the te position which in today's nfl is assinine

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Makes no sense I watched 1 practice and it was abundantly clear that the TE's are trash but yet it's gonna take jerry Reese another year to see that Robinson is a waste of a roster spot.

I.V.

Keep this Fire
Supporter
Daps
filing all these media people shytting on us. I heard Shannon sharpe say they should throw a parade if we go 8-8.

#FILED

Defense is going to be very very good. We just need the offensive line to gel, and our receivers to get their routes together.

If Whoadell could get healthy enough to give us some playmaking away from Cruz... gucci.