Survival of the Fittest: Official 2014 New York Giants Season Thread

DirtyD

Last Time That I Checc'd......
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Despite a 4-0 mark, Coughlin isn’t giving his starters a break in meeting the Patriots in the preseason finale for the 10th straight season. Manning and the offense, which has scored two touchdowns in the last three preseason game, are going to get about 18 snaps against the defending AFC East champions. The Patriots will be looking for their 12th division title in 14 years.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/08...cted-to-get-around-18-snaps-against-patriots/

EAST RUTHERFORD – The Giants roster is not even close to being settled, which is why tonight's game against the Patriots will be under the microscope almost as heavily as last week's game against the Jets

The team still needs to squeeze down from 75 to 53, and they will make some surprise cuts along the way.

With that in mind, here are three positions we're keeping an eye out for Thursday:

1. DEFENSIVE END

We thought Emmanuel Dieke might stick around a little longer and make this competition even more serious, but tonight is the night for Jordan Stanton, Kerry Wynn and Israel Idonije to get their sacks in before final roster cuts. The Giants are intrigued by the first two because of their size and youth, and they like Idonije because of his experience and usefulness on special teams. With some roster wiggle room, the team could end up going heavy at defensive end after all.

2. LINEBACKER

Mark Herzlich and Spencer Paysinger are certainly the odds-on favorites to seal the final linebacker spots, but younger players like Dan Fox could end up making a late push. Fox knows all three positions and has played across all special teams during the preseason, even though the Giants might find it hard to part with Herzlich. Still, last year gave them a glimpse of how weak they can be with a hole in the middle of their defense. Are they confident that Herzlich could step up if something happened again?

3. WIDE RECEIVER

Marcus Harris going on injured reserve opens up the door for someone -- whether that be Mario Manningham or Preston Parker -- to make this roster. We think Corey Washington has done enough to force himself onto the 53-man roster, but the Giants might need more than five to start the season, especially if Odell Beckham is going to take another week to get back to practice. Tom Coughlin specifically mentioned the fact that Manningham needed to make a play in a preseason game. Could tonight be the night?

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/...ots_three_positions_to_watch_on_thursday.html

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
GMEN we went 5-0 in preseason, but our offense run by Eli was left to be desired. It was always our second-unit that gave us the spark to win these games. I hope :old: Coughlin, will have sense enough to put Nassib in the game, when Eli out there getting thrown in the bushes. However, it's GMEN 4 LIFE. And, I'm ready to domesticate these Lions:smugfavre:

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
We got Washington on the Squad now,i aint tripping too Heavy on ODB for now:shaq2:

It's unconventional and too progressive for Coughlin, but the depth chart is

1. Cruz
2. Washington
3. ODB (when healthy)
4. Randle :camby:

Strike while the irons hot, keep an open WR competition, and whoever shows they can study film and make plays, communicate with Eli the best, stays for the time being. So tired of the old school approach within the organization. It works for discipline, leadership skills, and punishment, but the same mindframe that'll keep a good, NEEDED WR off the field more often than not, due to lack of experience is :mindblown:

With Eli basically saying that learning the offense is pretty much a work in progress all season (and rightfully so, kid grew under ONE his whole career), and the WHOLE TEAM adjusting, why the fukk not?

I just wanna be great, brehs :to: Not mediocre, not questioned wether we're elite, but GREAT. We have the personnel, coaching, and playoff/SB experience. The only thing holding us back, realistically (besides the shytty O-line and no dynamic TE) is how we UTILIZE what we have. fukk THE BULLshyt :damn:

DirtyD

Last Time That I Checc'd......
Daps
Reppin
Queens

In the audio clip above Coughlin says that Beckham may be three weeks away and told reporters to stop asking him.

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT

In the audio clip above Coughlin says that Beckham may be three weeks away and told reporters to stop asking him.

It feels like all reeses picks get hurt

its a shame cuz I could've sworn ODB said that he never missed a game in HS or College

of course when we draft him he gets injured:snoop:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
its a shame cuz I could've sworn ODB said that he never missed a game in HS or College

of course when we draft him he gets injured:snoop:
So it's a hamstring issue, but it didn't tear...right? Wtf did he do to it and why isn't it recovering well enough. Strange for a dude his age.

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
So it's a hamstring issue, but it didn't tear...right? Wtf did he do to it and why isn't it recovering well enough. Strange for a dude his age.

:yeshrug:IDK what the hell happened to him, I thought they said he was fine a few weeks ago

A.V.

reTIreMEnt: THE ALBUM (01/22) ALL DSPs
Daps
Reppin
#AnyCityGang
How is this nikka ODB out at least 3 weeks? If Coughlin dont start Corey Washington in his first 3 WR set, he's a fakkit :pacspit:

HoLLaBaCK

SOHH ICEY
Daps
Reppin
New York
Damn I'm ready for this season to start.

I feel good about this season. Look lets face it Eli looks like shyt, quick accurate throws is just not his game...add that to the fact he doesn't trust his o-line (he spends more time watching the pass rush then his WR's).

With all that said watching this pre-season I can see we can RUN THE FOOTBALL. Hopefully the coaches noticed this as well and decide to be a RUNNING FOOTBALL TEAM. Jennings looks solid and Williams looks damn tough to tackle, add that to the fact that Jennings seems to be able to gather those god awful screen passes Eli throws :beli:. That seems to be the strength of this offense, just let Eli make the occasional slant or play action pass deep. I don't totally want to shyt on Eli either, he's always been scared of the pass rush. Eli was shytty back in 05-06...then he developed trust in the o-line, shyt years latter he actually became pretty good in the pocket. The beating he's taken since that playoff game against the 9ers has fukked him up. So I say run the ball and let Eli be a game manager.

The Defense looked average but that's because it was real vanilla with no game planning. I cant wait to see that new secondary out there, I feel like we are gonna be hard to throw on. You got Rolle playing the best ball of his life and he actually gets to play safety this season (as oppose to a slot corner because of some injury), Browns back and if he resembles what he did 2 years ago this secondary will get turnovers. If the pass rush decides to show up that will be a bonus.

I got WAAY of topic but if we run the ball and play D we should be just fine.