Survival of the Fittest: Official 2014 New York Giants Season Thread

DirtyD

Last Time That I Checc'd......
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Cornerback Prince Amukamara left the game with a groin injury. He said after the game that he didn't feel a pop and was able to jog and do some cutting left and right on the sideline, but that he didn't feel he could let it go at full-speed and so it didn't make sense to go back in the game.

"What they said was to see how it feels [Sunday], and if it's worse, take some pictures, do an MRI, stuff like that," Amukamara said.

Safety Cooper Taylor had a toe injury and left the stadium on crutches and with a boot on his left foot. Obviously, that's cause for significant concern for Taylor, who's been having a strong camp and preseason as a reserve safety and a special teams player. The Giants are already short at safety because of the suspension and release of Will Hill, so they don't want to lose Taylor as he's showing improvement.

Defensive tackle Markus Kuhn left the game with an elbow injury, but Giants coach Tom Coughlin said Kuhn told him after the game that his elbow felt fine.

Tackle Charles Brown left the game with a shoulder injury. It's unclear how severe it is at this time.

On the positive injury front, starting left tackle Will Beatty said his leg felt fine in his first game action since he broke it in Week 17 of last season. And cornerback Trumaine McBride got a healthy workload in his first game back from hip surgery.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=new-york-giants&id=38022&city=newyork

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It took our second and third unit to give us a spark and win the comeback:blessed:

...but, I have to be honest Eli's 1/7 6 yds, got me feeling some type of way for the upcoming season:beli:

DirtyD

Daps
Reppin
Queens
"Well, it just wasn't good enough. We didn't do a very good job on third down," Manning said in an on-field interview. "I felt like we had a couple of opportunities to hit some big plays, we just didn't complete them. The go-route to Victor (Cruz), and then had another chance I thought on a go-route to (Jerrel) Jernigan. But besides that, we just had some mistakes. We weren't efficient enough running the ball or throwing the ball tonight. So overall, not very good by the starting group."

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/...-of-7_performance_just_wasnt_good_enough.html

DirtyD

Daps
Reppin
Queens
That clearly was not what the Giants and coach Tom Coughlin had in mind Saturday night when they played the Indianapolis Colts. In fact, if Coughlin came up with a worst-case scenario, what unfolded in the first half probably wouldn't have even come close to consideration.

It was that bad for the Giants, as they were manhandled by the Colts and themself. They looked bad. Really bad. In just about every phase of the game too, with the offensive line once again near the top of the list.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/...s_offensive_line_remains_the_top_concern.html

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT

et6y2v.jpg
stay healthy now, ODB

I.V.

Keep this Fire
Supporter
Daps
All I ask is if this team is trash, that it's trash all the way and not try to win like it fukking matters.

Thank god this thread isn't usually filled with the same kids as the Knicks theads. Different breed of fan last season, when they won a few mid season and ruined our shot at a top 3 pick. HAHAHAHA

Still, I think ODB is going to be a problem... but I'll admit, I'm worried about Eli. I was worried as last year went, but was willing to chalk it up to a horrible line making him run for his life....

There's still plenty of time to get a feel for the offense... but if it's 4-5 weeks from now, and they're still unable to do ANYTHING? Time to figure out a plan.

TR7

Trust in Sean Marks
Daps
Reppin
The LI
All I ask is if this team is trash, that it's trash all the way and not try to win like it fukking matters.

Shoulda happened last year if not for pride and the way the schedule broke with us playing all those 3rd string QBs fukking up our top 5 pick.

If things are gonna go south let em go, we need the high picks. Nobody gets shyt out of a 7-9 season where we "fought hard to the end".