Survival of the Fittest: Official 2014 New York Giants Season Thread

DirtyD

Last Time That I Checc'd......
Daps
Reppin
Queens
i know the Giants don't make moves quick like that, but starting to think that if it's not Spags then they might end up sticking with Fewell...especially after how Coughlin vouched for him. :sadcam:

Don't tell me Fewell is the new Gilbride. :mjcry:
Not saying I don't want Spags, but in his last D-Coordinator job with the Saints he coached the worst defense in the entire league. Unless the personnel is able to stay healthy and improves significantly on defense I really don't think a change at coordinator will have the necessary effect. :ld:

• Dap
Reactions: Rev

HarlemUSA

Lightbringer and Azor Ahai
Supporter
Daps
i know the Giants don't make moves quick like that, but starting to think that if it's not Spags then they might end up sticking with Fewell...especially after how Coughlin vouched for him. :sadcam:

Don't tell me Fewell is the new Gilbride. :mjcry:
if we move to Spags again. I wouldn't have a problem. He had Tuck, Kiwi, James Butler, Sammy Knight, Coefield, Robbins, Danny Clarke, Corey Webster, Michael Johnson, Reggie Torbor all doing the most for him.

Jpp, Moore, DRC, Prince, Kennard, Hankins, McClain, Beason( if he is healthy and cheap). Should be good for him

HarlemUSA

Supporter
Daps
Not saying I don't want Spags, but in his last D-Coordinator job with the Saints he coached the worst defense in the entire league. Unless the personnel is able to stay healthy and improves significantly on defense I really don't think a change at coordinator will have the necessary effect. :ld:
Spags had no head coach, no talent on the D side, players were mad they wanted Gregg Williams, suspended d players...it was just a shyt show in Nawlins that year.

Exit9NJturnpike

Gmen Giants Big Blue
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Brunswick, NJ
I want Spags too but he might be fools gold. Someone on the wfan said it's up to Coughlin if they keep Fewell and Quinn. I have no idea how Quinn kept a job for so long. But Fewell:patrice: eventhough I think he's average at best, they can use all the injuries as a reason to bring him back.

• Dap

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown

if we move to Spags again. I wouldn't have a problem. He had Tuck, Kiwi, James Butler, Sammy Knight, Coefield, Robbins, Danny Clarke, Corey Webster, Michael Johnson, Reggie Torbor all doing the most for him.

Jpp, Moore, DRC, Prince, Kennard, Hankins, McClain, Beason( if he is healthy and cheap). Should be good for him

I want Spags too but he might be fools gold. Someone on the wfan said it's up to Coughlin if they keep Fewell and Quinn. I have no idea how Quinn kept a job for so long. But Fewell:patrice: eventhough I think he's average at best, they can use all the injuries as a reason to bring him back.
It's interesting because with both Fewell and Spags it was all about that pass rush from late December thru the playoffs. Is that all it takes? So are they both fool's gold?

Regardless of the health of the defense, you can't deny that the secondary especially has always looked straight up confused as fukk many times on D throughout the last few years really. Plus, the situational schemes sometimes have just not seemed to make the best sense. Is that all a Fewell thing?

Coughlin is a standup dude, so he's gonna stick up for Fewell and Quinn...but fukk man.

HarlemUSA

Supporter
Daps
It's interesting because with both Fewell and Spags it was all about that pass rush from late December thru the playoffs. Is that all it takes? So are they both fool's gold?

Regardless of the health of the defense, you can't deny that the secondary especially has always looked straight up confused as fukk many times on D throughout the last few years really. Plus, the situational schemes sometimes have just not seemed to make the best sense. Is that all a Fewell thing?

Coughlin is a standup dude, so he's gonna stick up for Fewell and Quinn...but fukk man.

I'm not 100% behind Spags..I'm not against Fewell but with the constant miscommunication with the secondary its annoying as fukk. If we could get Fewell's D turnovers with Spags few yards/TDs a game...:ohlawd:

If we keep him(which I don't think we will) we have to hire new medical/strength and conditioning staff. This isn't luck now..it's incompetence.

• Dap

DirtyD

Last Time That I Checc'd......
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Spags had no head coach, no talent on the D side, players were mad they wanted Gregg Williams, suspended d players...it was just a shyt show in Nawlins that year.
His defense was also average for a season and below average for two seasons in St. Louis. Even though he was the head coach, he's obviously defensive minded and the team's defense wasn't up to snuff.:yeshrug:

Mantle Drunk

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Unfortunately it seems like there basically saying coughlin you got 1 year you can have your guys and if you lose the new coach will clean house and bring in his guys. I don't want to see fewell another day but this is probably the right move. You get rid of fewell you potential can have 3 d coordinators in 3 years.

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
brehs :ohhh: JPP had more QB pressures this year than he did in 2011

Joel Corry ‏@corryjoel
Jason Pierre-Paul didn't reach his 2011 sack total this season but had more QB pressures according to @PFF (56 in 2011 vs. 60 in 2014).

:ohhh:

PIFF101

Bring back the Golden Era
Daps
Reppin
The Mecca of HipHop
So Coughlin back huh. I'm ok with it because of the injuries the team suffered but some of these coordinators :patrice: Fewell patched it up at the end of the season so I'm 50/50 on him. Quinn :camby:. McAdoo is going in his second year so you better produce :stopitslime: with ODB, Randle, Cruz, Jennings and Co. back.

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
Happy Birthday Elisha

I hope you retire a Giant
54asr6.jpg

time to win league MVP next year :blessed::birdman:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Question - assuming that Cruz will not nearly be at 100% next year, and after the subpar this guy has had in Indy...if Nicks were to want to come back after not being offered much elsewhere & comes back in shape, pleads his case to being committed the whole nine, would you re-sign him??

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Question - assuming that Cruz will not nearly be at 100% next year, and after the subpar this guy has had in Indy...if Nicks were to want to come back after not being offered much elsewhere & comes back in shape, pleads his case to being committed the whole nine, would you re-sign him??
Hell no. Dude is washed. :scust:

Plus, he's a diva. We don't need one that under performs. We already have a burgeoning diva on our team.