Survey: 39% of Americans Say Netflix Has Best Original Content of All Streaming Services

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
lovecraft? watchmen? black judas? then you have old stuff like the wire, oz, treme
Compared to Netflix that's a drop in the bucket:
When They See Us
Who Killed Malcolm X
Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
Blood and Water
Let It Fall
First Match
Black AF
Trinkets
Da 5 Bloods
The Two Killings if Sam Cooke
What Happened Miss Simone
The Remix: Hip Hop x Fashion
Once in A lifetime Sessions with Nile Rogers
Miles Davis:Birth of Cool
Quincy
Concrete Cowboy
I actually can keep going but I think the point is made they dwarf other platforms in that area. And this is just original content they got a lot of stuff made by other networks like Greenleaf, The Game, Sister Sister, Girlfriends etc.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I can’t hate on that survey. They do. Netflix has a little bit of everything for everyone as far as original content goes. They also have seniority over all of the competing streaming services too though. It takes time to build a diverse catalog like that.

Said it in the other thread...Max Originals may look a bit shaky right now but they do have some heat coming up after the weird year 2020 was. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt launching during a pandemic.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
When They See Us
Who Killed Malcolm X
Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
Blood and Water
Let It Fall
First Match
Black AF
Trinkets
Da 5 Bloods
Quincy
Concrete Cowboy
I actually can keep going but I think the point is made they dwarf other platforms in that area. And this is just original content they got a lot of stuff made by other networks like Greenleaf, The Game, Sister Sister, Girlfriends etc.
The 40 Year Old Version

:banderas:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Eh I agree but I actually don't think that's a popular opinion among the general population. Look at the survey. lol
Right. Completely subjective.

Netflix is a well established household name at this point so of course the poll reflects that. It’s going to take YEARS for a streaming service to trump it, and that’s okay.

The Marvel vs. DC stan wars I see on here will always be the most annoying shyt to me, but I swear streaming wars is inching up close behind it... :mjlol:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
When They See Us
Who Killed Malcolm X
Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
Blood and Water
Let It Fall
First Match
Black AF
Trinkets
Da 5 Bloods
Quincy
Concrete Cowboy
i haven't seen a lot of that as most of it is biopic/period stuff which doesn't move me, 5 bloods was aight - great actors but movie was ehh, and Black AF was Mid AF - blackish with cursing and worse acting. Netflix is all quantity IMO - I don't think I've seen a black original from them i've truly thought was great or enjoyed outside of documentaries. I'd rather a network have a smaller lineup with better quality than putting up meaningless stats.

edit: i really liked the get down (first half more than the second) but they bushed that with the quickness

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Right. Completely subjective.

Netflix is a well established household name at this point so of course the poll reflects that. It’s going to take YEARS for a streaming service to trump it, and that’s okay.

The Marvel vs. DC stan wars I see on here will always be the most annoying thing to me, but I swear streaming wars is inching up close behind it... :mjlol:
Yeah, I have my favorite (HBOMax) but yeah I'm not going there with streaming services. Sorry for annoying you all these years. lol

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Yeah, I have my favorite (HBOMax) but yeah I'm not going there with streaming services. Sorry for annoying you all these years. lol
Oh it’s not you haha. I used to be on that shyt but I see no point anymore. Especially when my pseudo-cable bill nowadays reflects 4 other streaming services lol.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
i haven't seen a lot of that as most of it is biopic/period stuff which doesn't move me and Black AF was Mid AF - blackish with cursing and worse acting. Netflix is all quantity IMO - I don't think I've seen a black original from them i've truly thought was great or enjoyed outside of documentaries. I'd rather a network have a smaller lineup with better quality than putting up meaningless stats.
Yeah, just stating facts on their offerings regarding Black stuff, they have way more. Being agnostic with the quality, again that's subjective and not that interesting regarding streamers rank in the market.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I love HBOMax. It's probably the app I use the most, with Crunchyroll after, but Netflix is and will be king for a while longer. If I had to rank them purely off of original material, it'd go Netflix, Prime, Max=Hulu, and then Disney+. nikkas hell bent on downplaying Netflix seem to forget just how long they've been doing this shyt and the mere quantity of original content they have spanning multiple genres.

Name a genre and Netflix has something original on there for you that's worth watching. Name a viewing demographic and Netflix has shyt for that demo. Netflix Originals that people forgot about, or felt "fell off" still had bigger impacts than most of the shyt on other services. Which service has an original like Orange is the New Black that women flocked to in droves? It sure as hell isn't The Flight Attendant (which I fukked with). Narcos or Ozark...which other services "originals" is seeing those in both quality and popularity amongst the 18-34 yr old male demo? Disney+'s living off of IP that is already insanely popular, yet mid af, to justify their existence. I remember when people laughed at Netflix for their spending, but it's obviously an investment that continues to pay off

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I enjoyed Harley Quinn more than any Netflix show last year :yeshrug: