Survey: 39% of Americans Say Netflix Has Best Original Content of All Streaming Services

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Again, that survey seems to present answers in order of popularity of the services - how many people have them.

furthermore, I don’t care. HBO and FX content shyt on Netflix and prime for me. I hardly use Netflix
I mean what's interesting about a singular personal opinion when comparing streaming services on a business/popularity level? Not much, including my personal opinion.
This survey was specific to "Who has the best original content?" Not who has the most subscribers. It actually makes sense those two numbers would have a correlation.

Daps
Breh, I’m not doing this with you. HBO MAX is literally hbo, Cinemax and Warner. Their original content from each network counts, just like an old show like house of cards counts for Netflix. If you’re only wanting to count shows that came out after launch, feel free. That’s ridiculous

Call it “ridiculous” if you want, but is likely how the respondents viewed it, so I don’t know why you’re acting surprised that the poll went this way. :skip:

It’s not “popularity bias” cuz HBO has at least 5 shows that that are more popular than any original Prime has ever released.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If HBO MAX was out when Game of Thrones was out it would be #1..

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think over time, Prime will close the gap. Amazon has too much money, and honestly, if they improved their marketing and UI/UX for the app shyt would get interesting.

It would be interesting to see how many people have Amazon Prime and don't even know how to access/use Prime Video. When Coming 2 America came out, I know a lot of people who knew they could watch through the Prime sub, but had to go set it up for the first time
:mindblown:

Prime Video isn't Amazon's cash cow and it's treated as such, but even still, they've got some exclusive movies and shows that are high quality. Eventually they'll ramp up even more and watch out.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That’s clearly a popularity bias, as in more households have Netflix so say Netflix. The fact that prime, probably the second most popular service, is ranked #2 when they’re no where near HBO is telling.

HBO & FX >>> *
It's Netflix's UI that has a vice grip on people. It's welcoming and it does a great job at putting content in front of people.

My moms is over my crib, I have a smart TV and access to every app. She can watch anything she wants
:mjlol:

Yet every time I come downstairs she's got on Netflix. The big images and seamless trailers for damn near everything on there, just keeps her immersed in watching whatever is on there... even if HBO Max and Prime have great stuff that she would like, she doesn't feel like figuring out how to navigate it or look for the shyt. I be having to put her on.

:yeshrug:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Call it “ridiculous” if you want, but is likely how the respondents viewed it, so I don’t know why you’re acting surprised that the poll went this way. :skip:

It’s not “popularity bias” cuz HBO has at least 5 shows that that are more popular than any original Prime has ever released.
i don't think most people view HBO Max as something different than HBO + Cinemax under one roof, especially given most of us were HBO Now subscribers that got switched over to the expanded app. You'd expect HBO shows, Cinemax shows, and warner content - not "HBO Max originals"

bnew

Veteran
Daps
You know what Netflix does which works in streaming is they make stuff for every demo. They are like agnostic as far as quality, if the demand is there they will make content for it. The other streamers with HBOMax having the highest standard curate their shyt for part of the population. It appeals to me but I could see it not being for everyone. Netflix has something for everyone.

scifi, pollical and crime dramas. they got a lot of content with black leads and casts too.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Original programming (stream only)? It’s not even close

not counting HBOs already aired shows like Wire and GOT

yeah netflix is definitely top dog when it comes to original programming when not including content by competitors previously aired on TV.

hulu, amazon and HBO max have some hits but netflix really pushed the envelope. Before netflix how many series got 10-13 episodes shows with serious character development and story lines(not including HBO). TV was saturated with 22 episodes season shows that had a bunch of filler episodes in between. storylines got much tighter after shows like House of cards, orange is the new black, marco polo, dare devil, etc.

List of Netflix original programming - Wikipedia

List of HBO Max original programming - Wikipedia

List of Amazon original programming - Wikipedia

List of Hulu original programming - Wikipedia

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah, Netflix's UI is accessible as fukk. The others are either too slow/laggy or have inconvenient menus.

Could be the GOAT UI if they implement something like Prime's X-ray feature.
Definitely a big part of their success. Other streamers got lags that have you be like;
tenor.gif

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Yeah, Netflix's UI is accessible as fukk. The others are either too slow/laggy or have inconvenient menus.

Could be the GOAT UI if they implement something like Prime's X-ray feature.
This is another reason why I cackle at folks thinking Max is #1 or “kang”. Love the service, but it has a way to go in the infrastructure field. If a UI overhaul is part of the reason why most titles aren’t in 4K now then I really can’t blame them.

Last edited: