"Supergirl" TV show thread

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
For an episode titled "manhunter" it was pretty pedestrian, never very wise to dedicate most of your show to flashbacks especially to shyt we've been told about all series.
The way they dropped project cadmus mid conversation was very casual, it's shyt like that and the way fortress of solitude was featured kind of makes me miss smallville. These nods to comics were treated like a big deal and got significant build, don't know if it's the fact cbs think they're high brow but I am nervous about how they handle project cadmus

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

Eve Torres tells story of choking out Matt Hardy (Video)
By Geno Mrosko @cagesideseats on Jan 21, 2014, 2:19p 4

Do not mess with Eve Torres. Just don't do it.

During an appearance on the MMA Hour, former WWE Diva Eve Torres told the story of that time she choked out Matt Hardy. This should clear up any confusion over Stephanie McMahon's reference in the picture that was posted here yesterday.

Above is the video(skip to 29:00 for the story), below is the text:

"It was very funny, actually, that (Stephanie tweeted it out there). And I'll tell the generic, vague version of it. Basically, when I first started on the road and I was on my first overseas tour, everyone kind of, like, messes with you a bit, everyone's testing you out. So, I'm sure there was, on their end, a lot of alcohol going on. This is just something that happens overseas, everyone's drinking. Back that it was even worse because the drug policy wasn't fully enforced or whatever.

So basically he starts kind of like trying to play wrestle with me, and mind you I had been training jiu-jitsu for like three or four months, so he's trying to play wrestle with me and I'm kind of trying to fight back and then for some reason it just clicks in my mind and I'm like 'I want to see if this stuff works'. And not to mention, I'm a little bit competitive, and I'm a little bit like territorial, and I'm a little aggressive sometimes. So it basically turns into almost like a full on bar fight. We're the only people... only people from the company are in this little bar, in the hotel bar or whatever. It turns into like a full on bar fight. And I'm trying to like pull a triangle; again, like three or four months so I really have no idea what I'm doing. I'm really just trying to pull things out like 'I want to use this stuff, I want to see if it works'. Finally, it gets broken up and I check my eye and he had given me a black eye -- by accident, by the way. Here's the thing: Afterwards, there was no hard feelings, you know what I mean? But in the time, I was a little bit like (ready to scrap), it was...

"So I get a black eye and I'm like 'oh my'. Now I turn to rage, like boiling rage, because I realize I have a black eye. (Because I'm on tour) and I had just started at the company. So I sink in a rear-naked choke, and put my hooks in, and he goes to sleep. Yeah. And he starts, um, snoring. And all the other wrestlers were like 'You just got choke out by an interviewer!' I was an interviewer backstage, I wasn't even in the ring yet!"

There's a lot of other good stuff in the full interview, so make sure you watch it.
Eve Torres tells story of choking out Matt Hardy (Video)
She gets my vote
ojVeuve.png

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:aicmon:Tried to give this a chance but all the episodes aren't available on OnDemand

I'd think they want all the viewers they could get.
Breh, most Network-On-demand services on your cable provider, usually only have the most recent episodes of their TV shows. It's not just CBS/Supergirl.

You gonna have to hop on a torrent to catch the whole season.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
:ehh: She acts now?

Ps we probably never see these characters in a superman movie so I guess it's fair game but doesnt supergirl have her own rogue gallery?:dwillhuh:
She does have a D-level group of villains that are hers alone (I think I posted a list of them in here somewhere) but I think this show is following the Arrow model and just using other people's villains to beef up the rogues gallery.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
How did Sioban get powers :ohhh:

Kinda surprised they shook up the show dynamic by having Alex/Jon on the run and Lucy as the new head of the DEO.

It was cool seeing Pete from Warehouse 13 show up, even if his character was :ld:.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
How did Sioban get powers :ohhh:

Kinda surprised they shook up the show dynamic by having Alex/Jon on the run and Lucy as the new head of the DEO.

It was cool seeing Pete from Warehouse 13 show up, even if his character was :ld:.
In the comics the character is from a family of banshees or some shyt so her powers were hereditary.