"Supergirl" TV show thread

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
I binged watched all 9 episodes of Supergirl today. I actually like it. Starts off slow in the beginning but now things are starting to pick up rather quickly. I like the fact that Supergirl is separating herself from her cousin's shadows and building her own legacy. I wish this could crossover into the movie version of the Man of Steel, but oh well.

I'm also looking forward to see how she will crossover into the Arrow/Flash universe! If things go well, we could pretty much have a Justice League TV version (again, wishful thinking, lol) but that would be amazing.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
I binged watched all 9 episodes of Supergirl today. I actually like it. Starts off slow in the beginning but now things are starting to pick up rather quickly. I like the fact that Supergirl is separating herself from her cousin's shadows and building her own legacy. I wish this could crossover into the movie version of the Man of Steel, but oh well.

I'm also looking forward to see how she will crossover into the Arrow/Flash universe! If things go well, we could pretty much have a Justice League TV version (again, wishful thinking, lol) but that would be amazing.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN

:mjcry: I was hoping she would play Powergirl. That would proably require crosssing over with Earth 2 on "The Flash" though.

@prophecypro @ORDER_66 @bythepowercosmic @TheNatureBoy @Dillah810 @kingdarius

Laura kinda jumped early for a guest role considering they probably could have given her something better in later seasons. Both this show and the Flash have kinda thrown a lot of things in the first couple of seasons which makes me feel they gonna run out of ideas when they get for Season 5 and beyond.

I think she could have joined once Bitten is done. Hopefully the other SV girls can guest later on too

As for who could play Power Girl, I think that's always been Gemma Aitkinson's for the taking for obvious reasons.:sas2:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Seeing Supergirl and Martian Manhunter flying together in the beginning :gladbron:

Solid episode for Winn :ehh:, good that he let her know his feelings even though he got shot done :mjcry:. At least he doesn't have to pawn over her in secret now and they can do something else with the character.

Alex not noticing that Maxwell Lord put a camera on her purse :skip:

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Watching this show, I realized the one thing that is kind of hurting this show a little: Lack of a serious villain. I know it's coming but it's something like how the Flash has the Reverse Flash and Zoom while the Arrow had villains such as Ra's Al Ghul and Deathstroke.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Watching this show, I realized the one thing that is kind of hurting this show a little: Lack of a serious villain. I know it's coming but it's something like how the Flash has the Reverse Flash and Zoom while the Arrow had villains such as Ra's Al Ghul and Deathstroke.
You don't like Maxwell Lord or kara's aunt?:leon:

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
You don't like Maxwell Lord or kara's aunt?:leon:

They aren't "intimidating"to me. Especially when compared to the likes of Zoom and Damien Dhark. Maxwell nor Kara's aunt aren't the type of villians that strike fear into their opponent. Now replace Maxwell with Zoom....:wow:You talk about a omega level threat right there. To me, the villains so far have felt "flat" to me.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
They aren't "intimidating"to me. Especially when compared to the likes of Zoom and Damien Dhark. Maxwell nor Kara's aunt aren't the type of villians that strike fear into their opponent. Now replace Maxwell with Zoom....:wow:You talk about a omega level threat right there. To me, the villains so far have felt "flat" to me.
Perhaps they are taking a page out of marvels book and that's by design :leon:

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Perhaps they are taking a page out of marvels book and that's by design :leon:

Perhaps but man....I'm just waiting for the spark. Something that'll make me say, oh sh!t! It's about to go down. That hasn't happened for me yet. I know that it's taking it's time to build Supergirl up, so I'm not too worried. I still like the show overall. It's just the lack of a true villain is keeping it from being great in my opinion.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Seeing Supergirl and Martian Manhunter flying together in the beginning :gladbron:

Solid episode for Winn :ehh:, good that he let her know his feelings even though he got shot done :mjcry:. At least he doesn't have to pawn over her in secret now and they can do something else with the character.

Alex not noticing that Maxwell Lord put a camera on her purse :skip:

This episode was far too similar to the recent Flash episode with the Trickster and his son. Even down to the "evil toymaker hides a bunch of bombs in toy packages too far apart for any normal human to get to them all" plot. Hope DC isn't running out of ideas already.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Watching this week's episode...

:ohhh: I didn't know Emma Caulfield (Anya from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer") was gonna guest star.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:takedat: @TheNatureBoy @kingdarius This Tristin Mays chick playing Maxwell Lord's assistant Paulina:

qtcd4AP.jpg

rBol9zo.jpg

ItRVIp8.jpg

PMPT1PW.jpg

uDnGwR6.jpg