"Supergirl" TV show thread

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Yeah I feel like that's the approach you gotta take for a supergirl show especially since she's in her mid 20s. She should be figuring out her life and who she is and what she's about, just like a guy is at that age. Looks interesting. Although I wasn't a fan of the music they attached to the trailer at all but that's a minor ass point.
I feel nikkas ain't gone like it bc they will not be able to relate to it or open up their mind to a sup show from a different perspective and view it from the wrong lens, hope that shyt gets a strong female fan base to keep it going bc if not it will flop undeservedly so. I for one am intrigue

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I feel nikkas ain't gone like it bc they will not be able to relate to it or open up their mind to a sup show from a different perspective and view it from the wrong lens, hope that shyt gets a strong female fan base to keep it going bc if not it will flop undeservedly so. I for one am intrigue

Yeah I'd be surprised if it has a strong male fanbase but at the same time, I don't see a lot of cats claiming they read supergirl or catwoman either. I'm a firm believer that everyone should eat so if the females can eat for this, good, let em cook.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Yeah I'd be surprised if it has a strong male fanbase but at the same time, I don't see a lot of cats claiming they read supergirl or catwoman either. I'm a firm believer that everyone should eat so if the females can eat for this, good, let em cook.
I read the first 20 issue of the new 52 supergirl but dropped it bc it wasn't interesting, but that wonder woman comic was str8 fire. I wanna read some of the older supergirl comic pre new 52 bc that shyt looked interesting and no perv she was drawn better :steviej:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Melissa looked pretty good as Kara tbh. The show looks fine as far as nailing Supergirl and the mythos...I guess my only issue is, I kinda think we're over-saturated with Superhero shows already. To me its like the Flash on CW, there's nothing wrong with it necessarily except its all been done before and feels like it.

But if you're a DC comics fan or like this genre and are especially interested in the development of female characters within the genre, then it pretty much gives you what you want. I don't really see how anyone can have a problem with Benoist off that preview though

Kinda weird though they are acknowledging Superman after all but still intend it to be linked to the Arrow/Flash verse when this seems in a different tone.

I guess I'm still a bit jaded from Smallville's decade run to act like all these new shows are something new to be excited about but like all of them I'll check them out and end up boxsetting them

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
:patrice:i think i like it and they confirmed this is in the same universe as Flash/Arrow right? So that means Superman is also in that universe and needs to show up:francis:

I think "Gotham" might take a beating since they are both in the same time slot next season and this is on CBS. Going by the trailer, this was the best way to handle a Supergirl show and Ally McBeal returns:blessed:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
DC writer Sterling Gates is gonna fanboy the shyt out of this if you know his steez :lolbron:

My man is all about the Gilmore Girls and a box of cereal in the daytime and wrote for Supergirl in the comics :whew:

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
:patrice:i think i like it and they confirmed this is in the same universe as Flash/Arrow right? So that means Superman is also in that universe and needs to show up:francis:

I think "Gotham" might take a beating since they are both in the same time slot next season and this is on CBS. Going by the trailer, this was the best way to handle a Supergirl show and Ally McBeal returns:blessed:
That is what is so puzzling about this. shyt looks like it's in the same Univer as M.O.S. too. What the fukk is D.C. doing, is these nikkas retartded :mjlol:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

YES!:

Though Supergirl will be airing on The CW’s parent network, Berlanti has already gone on record to say that the heroine exists in the same universe as the scarlet speedster and emerald archer, so we could be in for an epic cross-network crossover with The Flash and Arrow—and the superhero team-up spin-off, should it move forward.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/06/supergirl

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
The trailer was better than I expected.

Melissa looked pretty good as Kara tbh. The show looks fine as far as nailing Supergirl and the mythos...I guess my only issue is, I kinda think we're over-saturated with Superhero shows already. To me its like the Flash on CW, there's nothing wrong with it necessarily except its all been done before and feels like it.

But if you're a DC comics fan or like this genre and are especially interested in the development of female characters within the genre, then it pretty much gives you what you want. I don't really see how anyone can have a problem with Benoist off that preview though

Kinda weird though they are acknowledging Superman after all but still intend it to be linked to the Arrow/Flash verse when this seems in a different tone.

I guess I'm still a bit jaded from Smallville's decade run to act like all these new shows are something new to be excited about but like all of them I'll check them out and end up boxsetting them

We need a black superhero.