Sundresses and rugged self-sufficiency: ‘tradwives’ tout a conservative American past ... that didn’t exist

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
its the Rights version of the Lefts "I dont need a man im a strong single mother"

which one do you think would be beneficial to black people?

the article in the OP is white liberal babble...
you dont have to join in all their nonsense

Have you posed your ethnic background and hand?

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I think a few of you who posted so far need this…

Summarize the Article:

The document discusses the rise of "tradwives" on social media, who promote traditional gender roles and domesticity. It explores how this trend intersects with politics, particularly in the US, where debates over gender rights and family structures are intensifying. The document highlights how the idealized past that tradwives evoke was actually supported by extensive government intervention, which contrasts with the anti-government stance of modern conservatism. It also touches upon the financial feasibility and societal implications of women quitting their jobs to pursue a traditional homemaker role. Overall, the article raises questions about the nostalgia for the past and the complexities of modern gender roles and family dynamics.

What conservatives say:

Women need to stay at home
The government will not support or subsidize women to stay at home

What conservatives mean:

Men should be able to financially control their women
If you are not wealthy, or a man, you do not deserve human dignity

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Yep. This shyt is a luxury. The most popular woman highlighted here married the son of a airline magnate.

Nice pivot. Where did anyone say being a stay at home wife is bad? The point of the article is that the "tradwife movement" is a just aesthetics, (white) nostalgia, and right wing political grifting. The most extreme versions are also unattainable by average people.
Many of these 50s housewives had black maids, my grandmother included, cause taking care of a house and kids seven days a week alone is dang near impossible

This is one of weird right wing grifts about an imagined past.

Unions came about because owners took advantage of their worker’s safety and well-being. But now we are in some imagined reality where unions are the enemy of workers

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
This is all you guys argument.
So you out here needing a bytch to help you have financial security?

This is what you should have had before getting a bytch.

And that's what she should have been looking for from you before giving you some ass
:snoop:

Whole society backwards ass sht
The premise was not a person who cant support themselves getting with someone in order to be able to. I make more than enough to support a family trust me. Financial stability doesn't just mean making enough to support your family it also means having a secondary income to fall on in case one person loses their job. Which I have seen happen. If we are both on the same page about investing into retirement we can retire early and enjoy our life together working less. I'm into the FIRE movement. A housewife doesn't fit with my lifestyle. Like I said in my post not every couple is the same. You don't have to value the same things my partner and I do.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
This is all you guys argument.
So you out here needing a bytch to help you have financial security?

This is what you should have had before getting a bytch.

And that's what she should have been looking for from you before giving you some ass
:snoop:

Whole society backwards ass sht

Please don't take offense breh, but did you graduate high school with a 2.5 GPA and above?

mag357

Superstar
Daps
The premise was not a person who cant support themselves getting with someone in order to be able to. I make more than enough to support a family trust me. Financial stability doesn't just mean making enough to support your family it also means having a secondary income to fall on in case one person loses their job. Which I have seen happen. If we are both on the same page about investing into retirement we can retire early and enjoy our life together working less. I'm into the FIRE movement. A housewife doesn't fit with my lifestyle. Like I said in my post not every couple is the same. You don't have to value the same things my partner and I do.

The end is all u had to say.
The "financial stability" part is what I'm calling out.

Also, Financial stability doesn't really mean what you needing two incomes.
You can lose your job as the sole provider and still be financially stable enough to support your family.

Y'all out here thinking you can lose your job with your woman working and you won't be sharing that woman, its funny to me.

Respectfully

Last edited:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
No... And no offense taken.
Please Continue

I think you look at this subject from a black and white lens brother.

For most families, it is not economically feasibly to have a full time stay at home mom.

Forget what you see on the internet. These are fictional narratives and propaganda.

You have to go and talk to black families in real life

In fact there has never been a time in america where the black family as a whole made enough to have a stay at home mother.

Last edited:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
There's a long, long history of examples of retrofit marketing where shows like Mad Men, implicitly critical of the mentality of the time in which they're set, are instead held up as blueprints and a time period that America needs to "get back to."

Same thing they did with the Greek Statues. Alot of these "Ancient Greek landmarks" were built in the 1800s to reinforce "White purity" and perceived cultural achievements

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
The end is all u had to say.
The "financial stability" part is what I'm calling out.

Also, Financial stability doesn't really mean what you needing two incomes.
You can lose your job as the sole provider and still be financially stable enough to be support your family.

Y'all out here thinking you can lose your job with a women working and you won't be sharing that woman, is funny to me.

Respectfully
All else equal the household with two jobs is more financially stable than the one without. If my goal is financial stability then I will choose a two income household. It's pretty simple really not everyone operates on "good enough". We live in a two income economy now. Things are expensive. Kids are expensive.

As far as losing a job and the woman working and her cheating that is obvious bias you have towards the situation. There are plenty of situations where the wife went to work while the husband was laid off and looking for another job. Just like there are men who lack integrity there are women who do as well. Everything isn't one size fits all. Wouldn't this be an occurrence of choosing better?

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
A lot of the past has been white washed. Samurai’s, knights, pirates, cowboys, desperados and right now us doing the Big Meech/Real nikka worship

It was all bad
Not to derail the thread but I always found whenever samurai depicted in a lot of films and shows and games they producers never hold back on how fukking gritty that era was. Like samurai champloo starts off with extortion and immediate public executions in both official and on the street in like 5 minutes, but damn it just looks so entertaining, a savage conundrum

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Not to derail the thread but I always found whenever samurai depicted in a lot of films and shows and games they producers never hold back on how fukking gritty that era was. Like samurai champloo starts off with extortion and immediate public executions in both official and on the street in like 5 minutes, but damn it just looks so entertaining, a savage conundrum
Yeah champloo was making fun of the samurai stuff and also making social commentary about harsh circumstances regular people got put into. Ghosts of Tsushima had really good social commentary too. Same with Samurai X/Rurouni Kenshin. shyt was really rough.

Pirates need to be kind of vindicated though, they were people from all backgrounds trying to escape stratification from the countries they came from, they got so scarred from being either slaves or from impressment that they created a democracy on their ships so a tyrcannical captain couldn’t just take over. Modern and past piracy is because of exploitation. The Atlantic World historiography is interesting on its own. Reading Rediker and watching One Piece is a treat. If we get put into rigid caste systems like feudalism or the Victorian era again, people will form more brigands and parallel societies like pirates had. People wanted the Victorian era and the Shogunate to end for a reason and now the elite want to put us back into it

Other than that yeah.. movies and some fictional books white washed the fukk out of the past

Last edited:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Real. I said this in a different thread but Feudalism in all it's iterations absolutely sucks for everyone not at the very top