Sundresses and rugged self-sufficiency: ‘tradwives’ tout a conservative American past ... that didn’t exist

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps
They can hashtag and write all the articles in the world, but the truth is that millions have been forced in to 2 income households because of this fukked economy, inflation and capitalism.

The government doesn't like the falling birth rates of white Americans, but they know that if women stay home, have more kids and raise them, they will lose the wife's taxable income. In a 1 income household, even the husbands discretionary spending will be limited. The West gotta figure out what they want. Tradwives won't be a thing unless the economy gets fixed and things get cheaper. Simpler times fostered the family.

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
"a former OnlyFans worker turned God-fearing tradwife"

:russ:

The obvious through line here
  • Only Fans
  • Mrs. America
  • Model
Is that attractive women have the option of being the wife to a really rich man. Them ugly heiffers need to stay in school.

There are multiple agendas in this piece, but lemme just stick with the most inflammatory reading of it.
Yep. This shyt is a luxury. The most popular woman highlighted here married the son of a airline magnate.
whats the point of the thread?
Nice pivot. Where did anyone say being a stay at home wife is bad? The point of the article is that the "tradwife movement" is a just aesthetics, (white) nostalgia, and right wing political grifting. The most extreme versions are also unattainable by average people.

Shamayw_33

All Star
Supporter
Daps

I haven't read her book, but she's spot on from what I read from the article. This 2 earner house hold doesn't look like it's supposed to and it does increase the financial burden on the family. From daycare cost for the children, vehicle expenses, extra food and eating out because families have less time to cook dinner. They goin fukk around and go extinct.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The article is interesting, I know there were black homesteaders but I believe it's known across the board that they didn't have the same quality of life and access to resources as their white counter parts. A prime example I can think of is "Africville" in Nova Scotia

I don’t know much about black homesteaders conditions besides that it was hard, but it seems that it was hard for most of these homesteaders that didn’t have enough resources to sustain their claims.

It also appears the Homestead act was like the PPP scheme we just had, in terms of the fraud that it proliferated.

Land Speculators and the Homestead Act​

Of course, there were those who took advantage of homesteading. According to the National Archives, a limited number of farmers and laborers could afford to build a farm, which included access to tools, crops, livestock and more.

“In the end, most of those who purchased land under the act came from areas quite close to their new homesteads (Iowans moved to Nebraska, Minnesotans to South Dakota, and so on),” the agency states. “Unfortunately, the act was framed so ambiguously that it seemed to invite fraud, and early modifications by Congress only compounded the problem. Most of the land went to speculators, cattlemen, miners, lumbermen, and railroads.”

Other loopholes included building the required 12-by-14 dwelling in inches, rather than feet, since the exact measurement wasn’t specified. A shortage of investigators also allowed false claims to be approved. And unpredictable weather, water shortages and remoteness led many homesteaders to abandon their claims well before the five-year mark.

They are holding on to the same mentality as those who swear that black people had it better under segregation.

"Missing out" on a lie is no loss.
Ignorance is bliss

I had a conversation with a white dude who wants a 1950s quality of life to return, he didn’t care how it would affect black folks.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Yep. This shyt is a luxury. The most popular woman highlighted here married the son of a airline magnate.

Nice pivot. Where did anyone say being a stay at home wife is bad? The point of the article is that the "tradwife movement" is a just aesthetics, (white) nostalgia, and right wing political grifting. The most extreme versions are also unattainable by average people.

I'd say the point of the article was that the author wanted to do something on Christian parenting (when that is clearly not who she is) - and the algorithm lead her to trad wives - and just following trad wives lead her to Qanon.

The news company is leaning to the "left" so it gets to do 2 things
  • Take a swipe at big tech
    • who have destroyed traditional journalism
      • something something our democracy...something something and Fox News too!
  • Take a swipe at the right
Pointing out that the Feminist Agenda - women should have the option to work is part of it. (not the obligation, not the duty, not the responsibility)

Meal Mouthing the Capitalist aspect of it - women don't have the option to work is kinda stated, but not really.

It also of course doesn't talk about the history of (white) feminism - which was primarily idle/rich/middle-upper class white women wanting the same jobs, money and respect that their white husbands had...and then getting into those very fields and demanding the fields change to accomodate them....

And the Red Pill angle is that again, women are trying to extract "resources" without having to work for them, and without any sort of accountability.

The whole thing has layers and layers of whiteness, womanist thinking, capitalism, faux liberalism, pearl clutching etc.

Carter Sherman is a reproductive health and justice reporter at Guardian US

She looks and sound exactly like you think she would...

Oh is posting her picture an ad hominem, I mean or ad femina?

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I think a few of you who posted so far need this…

Summarize the Article:

The document discusses the rise of "tradwives" on social media, who promote traditional gender roles and domesticity. It explores how this trend intersects with politics, particularly in the US, where debates over gender rights and family structures are intensifying. The document highlights how the idealized past that tradwives evoke was actually supported by extensive government intervention, which contrasts with the anti-government stance of modern conservatism. It also touches upon the financial feasibility and societal implications of women quitting their jobs to pursue a traditional homemaker role. Overall, the article raises questions about the nostalgia for the past and the complexities of modern gender roles and family dynamics.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
"a former OnlyFans worker turned God-fearing tradwife"

Notice it says "worker" not "sex-worker"... (in context, many of the authors like this one, used to prefer the term sex-worker, to whore/prostitute/stripper etc. Like working in the sex industry meant making condoms...)

There's so many levels to this level of propaganda.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
A lot of the past has been white washed. Samurai’s, knights, pirates, cowboys, desperados and right now us doing the Big Meech/Real nikka worship

It was all bad

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
71Zb-D8NaGL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Every American should read this.

This country was built on evil and lives it everyday.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Just more "the past was better" propaganda honestly.
Every couple is different. Do what works best for you and your family.
I know for me a housewife is not something that I would desire and work well for me since I value financial stability too much. But on the other hand I don't really care too much for cooking so I'd value a wife that loves cooking. I'd much rather just fix shyt around the house and clean up stuff.

This is all you guys argument.
So you out here needing a bytch to help you have financial security?

This is what you should have had before getting a bytch.

And that's what she should have been looking for from you before giving you some ass
:snoop:

Whole society backwards ass sht

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet

its the Rights version of the Lefts "I dont need a man im a strong single mother"

which one do you think would be beneficial to black people?

the article in the OP is white liberal babble...
you dont have to join in all their nonsense

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Just more "the past was better" propaganda honestly.
Every couple is different. Do what works best for you and your family.
I know for me a housewife is not something that I would desire and work well for me since I value financial stability too much. But on the other hand I don't really care too much for cooking so I'd value a wife that loves cooking. I'd much rather just fix shyt around the house and clean up stuff.
And also the Great Reset was just another projection from the right because it turns out they’re the ones that want to reverse everything back to 1950s
Same with them claiming to hate Malthusians when they want to role back regulations that came from people dying
And then them co-opting the matrix to when the matrix was partly warning us about Technocratic Fascists

Last edited: