Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I just read that now it's out to Shane from the walking dead and Joel Edgerton..and there's also a rumor that

Deathstroke is in the movie
Bernthal would be good but I have never liked Joel Edgerton in anything so I hope this is false.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Cant tell me Hardy wouldnt have killed it as Flagg

(obviously this is a Russian character, but you get my drift)

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I just read that now it's out to Shane from the walking dead and Joel Edgerton..and there's also a rumor that

Deathstroke is in the movie

I'm calling it

Jon Bernthal as Deathstroke

Joel Edgerton as Rick Flagg

This casual shytting on that spoiler though. :deaddolph:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
:pachaha:fan art
deadshot___suicide_squad_by_leon_99-d8f2qxm.jpg

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
LOS ANGELES — What the heck is going on withRick Flagg?

With Suicide Squad's April start date looming, the supervillain-centric flick can't seem to land a field leader.

"We've still got to get it right," Will Smith tells USA TODAY, during an interview on Monday with hisFocus co-star Margot Robbie. Coincidentally, both stars of this month's caper dramedy have nabbed roles in Suicide Squad: Smith as Batman villain Deadshot and Robbie as the Joker's psychotic girlfriend, Harley Quinn.

ENTERTAIN THIS!

Who the heck is Deadshot?! An intro to Will Smith's 'Suicide Squad' assassin

A brief history: Tom Hardy was originally scheduled to take on Rick Flagg and head the group of powerful convicts in the Warner Bros. action flick, but he dropped out due to scheduling conflicts. Then Jake Gyllenhaal was rumored to be up for the part, but that's a no-go. So what's really going on?

"This happens all the time," says Robbie. "People act like, 'Oh my god, the movie must be ending!' It's just the deal with movies." Not to mention "a lot of the characters haven't been portrayed before so it's a pretty big undertaking," she adds. "And it's a big undertaking for the people who are going to play the characters who have been played, like the Joker (to be played by Jared Leto). It's big shoes to fill."

USA TODAY

Leto, Smith, Hardy sign on for 'Suicide Squad'

But why is Flagg, a plum role, so hard to cast? There are a lot of factors at play, says Smith. Director David Ayer "turned the screenplay in before Christmas. What happens is Hollywood shuts down. But he was still working and he wanted to (start shooting) April 13th. So it takes a couple weeks to gear back up at the top of the year and people have taken (other) movies. He's moving really quickly."

Robbie nods. "It's almost impossible to get a movie all together when there are two main cast members, let alone an ensemble cast with everyone's schedules. It's crazy if it works out."

In the meantime, both have already started intense Suicide Squad workouts. "Oh god yes," says Smith. "I started before Christmas. No carbs on Christmas! It was terrible."

"Oh, I ate everything on Christmas," laughs Robbie, who is focusing on strength-training. "I'm not strong though. To do all your own stunts you have to be so strong.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Joel Kinnaman to Replace Tom Hardy as Rick Flagg in WB’s ‘Suicide Squad’
joel-kinnaman.jpg

Kinnaman will star as Rick Flagg alongside Will Smith, Margot Robbie and Jared Leto in David Ayer’s movie

Joel Kinnaman will replace Tom Hardy as Rick Flagg in Warner Bros.’ comic book adaptation “Suicide Squad,” multiple individuals with knowledge of the project have told TheWrap. Warner Bros. had no comment, while representatives for Kinnaman did not respond to multiple requests for comment.

Hardy was forced to exit the project due to scheduling issues with Alejandro González Iñárritu’s “The Revenant,” which is currently in production, as well as upcoming promotional duties for WB’s “Mad Max: Fury Road,” which comes out on May 15. “Suicide Squad” is expected to start production in April. Agency sources tell TheWrap that Kinnaman is in negotiations for the coveted role of Flagg, who is the leader of a group of supervillains known as the Suicide Squad.

Director David Ayer also flirted with the idea of casting his “End of Watch” star Jake Gyllenhaal in the role of Flagg, but that deal ultimately didn’t come together.

“Suicide Squad” is set to co-star Will Smith as Batman villain Deadshot, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang, Cara Delevigne as Enchantress and Jared Leto as The Joker, as first reported by TheWrap. Meanwhile, Viola Davis is in negotiations to play Amanda Waller and Jesse Eisenberg is in talks to reprise his upcoming role as Lex Luthor.