Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
They should get brad Pitt, he'd be perfect plus he already did a movie with Ayer
I thought of Pitt as a replacement when I read this story too. I would be good with him or Jake Gyllenhaal taking over the role.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Rick Flag feels like such a throwaway character amongst the other names, I can't say I care too much who plays him. And unless they're keeping some minor team members in the dark he's the most likely character to kick the bucket.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
http://www.latino-review.com/news/exclusive-the-real-reason-for-tom-hardys-exit-from-suicide-squad

Heavy hitters Will Smith and Jared Leto joined respected Tom Hardy, Margo Robbie and simply-present Jai Courtney. At the time these actors signed on, they were NOT given a script for Suicide Squad.

Now, we've learned why Tom Hardy has dropped out of the project. According to sources, He simply didn't like the script he was finally given. Like we figured, the scheduling conflict is a cover story, so he left the project under amicable terms.

The rumor is the latest draft of Suicide Squad has upped the screen time of Deadshot and The Joker at the expense of the lesser-villains in the movie like Rick Flagg. This also may have contributed to Hardy's exit.

Makes sense :manny:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I said it above, I think Rick Flag is gonna be the sacrificial lamb of the team. The only way to sell the Suicide Squad to new audiences is by enforcing the stakes of them either getting killed in the field or getting killed for being disobedient, and the easy/smart way to do this is to kill a character played by a major actor.
:ehh: makes sense.

Still would have cool for the "shock factor". Seeing Hardy marketed in all the trailers...

only for his character to have a brutal death in the first 20 mins of the movie.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
:ehh: makes sense.

Still would have cool for the "shock factor". Seeing Hardy marketed in all the trailers...

only for his character to have a brutal death in the first 20 mins of the movie.
nah fukk that. hardy is arguably the best actor of those cast, i would be pissed TF off if he got killed off that quick, even understanding the premise of the movie

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Latino Review tho :stopitslime:
Every website since the casting announcement has been littered with angry nerd posts whining that Will Smith was going to be the star and includingThe Joker would mean Smith and Leto would get all the scenes so of course Latino Review would come out with a story from "sources" that confirms the assumption that Will is some prima donna who will ruin the movie and The Joker is going to be featured as a lead.
I call :duck:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Latino Review tho :stopitslime:
Every website since the casting announcement has been littered with angry nerd posts whining that Will Smith was going to be the star and includingThe Joker would mean Smith and Leto would get all the scenes so of course Latino Review would come out with a story from "sources" that confirms the assumption that Will is some prima donna who will ruin the movie and The Joker is going to be featured as a lead.
I call :duck:

I swear I really do not like any site for news unless it's objective or this place. Other sites jusr reek of fanboy

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
Their first source says Suicide Squad begins with Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie) and Deadshot (Smith) cross paths at Arkham while Quinn is trying to bust The Joker (Leto) out and Deadshot is trying to assassinate an inmate. Both of them are captured and brought to Amanda Waller's prison (Belle Reve Penitentiary). Joker is taken to the prison as well. This is where he will spend the majority of the film. Think of him like Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins) in Silence Of The Lambs. By the time the film ends he will have broken out.

Jai Courtney's Boomerang is already a member of Waller's Suicide Squad. There will be instant-tension between his character and Smith's because "Deadshot killed his father."

After Waller has assembled her team of villains she gives them their first mission. They're to prevent a gang from selling Lex Luthor (Jesse Eisenberg) a "bio-weapon." That "bio-weapon" turns out to be Cara Delevingne's Enchantress. Luthor wants her for her magical abilities but the Suicide Squad gets to her first and bring her back to Waller's prison. During this scene we will see some of the other unusual characters housed at Belle Reve, like... King Shark!

There is a major twist with Rick Flag, but you'll have to visit Latino-Review's article for the details. I don't even want to spoil it.

Their second source corroborates much of what the first said. They did add that Delevingne's character will suffer from a split-personality. One of them is June Moone and the other is Enchantress. Batman (Ben Affleck) will be mentioned but not appear. It is implied that Waller assembled the team with the long term goal of hunting down The Dark Knight. The film concludes with a prison riot. Most of the prisoners escape, including The Joker.

Suicide Squad will land in theaters Aug. 5, 2016.

http://comicbook.com/2015/01/19/potentially-major-suicide-squad-plot-details-revealed/

:ehh:

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
From BOF "I’ve heard for weeks that Batman will appear in SUICIDE SQUAD, supposedly in an in-story scene, likely at the end of the film and focused on certain circumstances involving The Joker (which I won’t spoil here)."
"This would set up The Joker as a possible/likely antagonist in the solo Batman movie that’s planned in the next few years, and which I’ve heard will take some inspiration from Frank Miller’s comic book series THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS — the third issue of which is a story about Batman facing off against an escaped Joker."

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Jake's turned it down

Jake Gyllenhaal Passes on ‘Suicide Squad’
jake-gyllenhaal.jpg

Ben Gabbe/Getty Images
January 21, 2015 | 04:58PM PT
Justin Kroll

Film Reporter @krolljvar
Warner Bros.’ “Suicide Squad” still looks to be one member short.

Following Tom Hardy’s departure from the role of Rick Flag, sources now tell Variety that Jake Gyllenhaal has passed on an offer to play the leader of the superhero team.

WB had no comment.

The film currently stars Will Smith, Margot Robbie, Jared Leto, Jai Courtney and Cara Delevingne, with David Ayer directing. The pic doesn’t go into production until April, so there is still plenty of time to find another person to fill the role.

The film is set to bow Aug. 5, 2016.

Gyllenhaal has a handful of films debuting in 2015, including “Southpaw,” “Everest” and “Demolition.” He is repped by WME.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/jake-gyllenhaal-suicide-squad-rick-flag-1201411414/#respond