Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It was rumored last month that Viola Davis had entered talks to nab the role of Amanda Waller in the highly-anticipated Suicide Squad movie, but The Help actress has now confirmed her inclusion. Speaking with Nerd Report at the press junket for Blackhat, Davis admitted that she's yet to do any research via DC Comics. "Not yet," she said. "I have not started reading them yet. I’ve read up about her but I’m working out my schedule for Suicide Squad." She continued, "I’m fascinated by her. I’m fascinated by her in this world of superhero-ness because she is not a woman that you would expect. I think that she is a massive contradiction. She’s this big powerful black woman, hard, ready to pick up a gun and shoot anyone at will. I’m fascinated in exploring her psychology, just put it that way. And I’m excited to pick up a gun."

http://www.nerdreport.com/2015/01/07/viola-davis-talks-amanda-waller-suicide-squad/

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'm really excited about this movie....i mean, the level of excitement is right up there with batman vs superman....they better not fukk up either of them....

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Two-time Oscar nominee Viola Davis is nearing a multi-picture deal to play Amanda Waller in Warner Bros.’ DC Comics Universe, starting with a key supporting role in David Ayer’s “Suicide Squad,” multiple individuals familiar with the project have told TheWrap, which reported on Dec. 2 that the actress was being considered for the coveted role.

Warner Bros. had no comment, while representatives for Davis did not respond to multiple requests for comment over the past week.

“Suicide Squad” stars Tom Hardy as Rick Flagg, Will Smith as Deadshot, Jared Leto as The Joker, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Jai Courtney as Captain Boomerang and Cara Delevingne as Enchantress.

First reported by Latino Review, Davis’ casting has been rumored for weeks, and she recently addressed the speculation while doing press for her turn in Michael Mann’s “Blackhat.”

Sources cautioned that Davis’ schedule is tricky to navigate due to her commitment to the ABC TV series “How to Get Away With Murder,” but insiders tell TheWrap that the deal is expected to close in the coming weeks. They also say that Smith has personally lobbied for Warner Bros. to do whatever it takes to cast Davis, who earned Oscar nominations for “The Help” and “Doubt,” and is up for a Golden Globe this weekend for HTGAWM.

Ayer is also writing the script for “Suicide Squad,” which is being produced by Charles Roven and Richard Suckle. Zack Snyder, Deborah Snyder, Colin Wilson and Geoff Johns are serving as executive producers.

Warner Bros. will release “Suicide Squad” on Aug. 5, 2016.

Davis, who will soon be seen opposite Chris Hemsworth in “Blackhat,” next stars opposite Jennifer Lopez in the Sundance-bound thriller “Lila & Eve.” She’s represented by CAA and the Lasher Group.

:salute: shoutout to will for doing what's best for business