Supporter
Daps
One more day til I catch my Suicide Squad at matinee:banderas:

...and, no Rotten Tomatoes FUKKERY could ever deter me:mjpls:

Hopes Viola/Margot/Jared do Amanda/Harley/Joker justice (no pun), tho:ohlawd:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
what am i missing with this Cara D chick? she's not attractive at all to me, and has been in like 1 movie. i also haven't heard a damn thing about her stupid looking character, just assume she is the terrible villain everyone keeps mentioning.
I seen her on 5th ave here in NY once...

Typical flat anorexic euro model...

She down and cool as fukk though according to everybody...:yeshrug:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Classic industry problems.

I wonder if they would have left the movie like it was how much better would it have been?

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
@Prodigal Syndicate

Guys I just got the final tracking numbers based on presales and fandango (Only hollywood insiders have access to these numbers). Let's just say Big Willie Weekend is about to be back in a big way. Records are going to fall. As for the reviews, I'm taking them with a grain of salt now. After BatsVSupes I honestly don't trust any reviews on DC Films going foward. I will see for myself and suggest everyone do the same.
Will Smith doesn't have any critically acclaimed films.

Bad Boys 1 and 2 got a 43 and 34 on RT.

So it might be a decent action movie if nothing else :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
@Prodigal Syndicate

:wtf:

Six Degrees Of Separation
Ali
Pursuit Of Happyness
MIB

Were all critically acclaimed. His performances in Concussion and I Am Legend were acclaimed as well

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
@Prodigal Syndicate

Will Smith has plenty of good movies
The RT score is not a good judge of a films quality when you apply it to films made before it came into use.
I mean atleast use metacritic since that's an aggregate of the reviews made at the time

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
RT is now at 29% :snoop:

But I already have my tickets, and I am actually excited about seeing Will Smith in this role. Everyone who has reviewed it has said he really brings it. Margot Robbie and Viola Davis are getting a lot of praise as well. After reading a dozen or so reviews, it looks like the film shines when it comes to characters, just not the story. Either way, I'm gonna go buy a frozen margarita at the movie bar, and just sit back and enjoy the fukkery.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It looked really good visually, except for the villains. Them shyts was trash (main boss and the minions). But the costumes were dope.

The pacing is terrible. The film really feels like a bunch of random scenes put together for the hell of it with some cool songs on top of it for good measure at times.

Again like BvS they add a bunch of extra shyt that just seems unnecessary, just for the obvious sake of universe-building, but it just feels forced. See Batman and Flash 5 sec cameos

I wasn't impressed with Leto's Joker at all. Granted he didnt have anything interesting to do or say and that's not on the actor, but damn. Lines were whatever, and he literally doesn't do shyt in the movie. Once you get over the edgy look, this performance was kind of underwhelming.

Half the damn squad is useless. Im talking half of them probably share 2:30 min worth of lines. And not even good lines. Boomerang was so trash, everytime he came on the screen he got his ass whooped. He litteraly didn't showcase his abilities once, I'm not even exagerating. It was basically Deadshot, Harley and Rick Flag. You could have replaced the rest with some putties from Power Rangers, it woulda felt the same.

And lastly, Cara Delevigne is a dreadful actress. She was laughable as the main villain, threw off the whole final scene wit her goofy ass :martin:.
That shyt wasn't what i been waiting a year for.

:huhldup: Even with the free ticket I'm not gonna go to the theater tomorrow. I'm not sitting through a trash movie. I'll wait for a cam rip.

Why do people keep acting as if there's some big conspiracy against DC flicks?:dahell:

They just make bad movies:yeshrug:

People don't want to admit defeat when the competition is succeeding. They gotta convince themselves that they only lose due to sabotage.

Is it me or is editing/studio interference becoming the latest plea cop?:jbhmm:

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
:huhldup: Even with the free ticket I'm not gonna go to the theater tomorrow. I'm not sitting through a trash movie. I'll wait for a cam rip.

People don't want to admit defeat when the competition is succeeding. They gotta convince themselves that they only lose due to sabotage.

Is it me or is editing/studio interference becoming the latest plea cop?:jbhmm:
I'll probably know for sure when i see but it seems legit from what I've heard in some reviews. In one they were talking about characters moving around in the room from cut to cut.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If that's the case WB's parent company (CBS?) needs to start clearing house at the studio...

That is two blockbuster movies in a row idiots with limited knowledge of the creative process butchered for god knows what idiotic reason...

Time to start cutting heads off...

WB is it's own Company. Viacom started off as part of CBS, then split and became it's own jawn, came back and bought CBS, then they split both companies again. :wtf:

Disney owns ABC.

Comcast owns NBC.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
:wtf:

Six Degrees Of Separation
Ali
Pursuit Of Happyness
MIB

Were all critically acclaimed. His performances in Concussion and I Am Legend were acclaimed as well
I'll give you MIB. Six Degrees doesn't register to me as far "starring Will Smith" movies.
Will Smith has plenty of good movies
The RT score is not a good judge of a films quality when you apply it to films made before it came into use.
I mean atleast use metacritic since that's an aggregate of the reviews made at the time
I feel ya.

What I mean is that movies that the overall consensus is north of 80+ on RT. Since that what a lot of brehs here are focusing on. Outside of MIB none of them been critically called a " very good or great film".

Will is always great in his roles and the movies are loved for the most part by the fans. Fans appreciate his movies more than critics.

Again Bad Boys II is 23% on RT. And thats a cult classic.