Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

darryl

Superstar
Daps
This gives dc fans a bad look. Im just being honest. This thread aint doing yall no justice either:francis:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I doubt it tbh

Its very rare nearly 100 critics would be so offbase on a movie

I still want to see it and will judge it on its own accord, but my expectations have lessened something serious

FWIW, I enjoyed BvS much more than the critics seemed too, but still, it wasnt the great movie I wanted it to be
I dont get where people are complaining about the suicide squad characters... they're fukking villains and loveable rogues...

IT's like these muthafukkas' dont read a comic book... :heh:

And you know what bugs me a bit about the suicide squad concept is that it would work in DC lore but they dont need to use villains, I mean I understand the whole disavow shyt but wouldn't it make more sense to have the team even in the comics assembled to do the dirty work but have them get paid for it.. :heh:

I'm sure boomerang and deadshot would do that shyt if they got compensated... :mjlol:

shyt im sure croc would do it to kill alot of people...

The movie is probably no good.

But with the marketing misdirect I bet some of them critics were like "These characters are all pieces of shyt." :dahell:

DlAMONDZ

That pu$$y got me grinning
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Ayer is pretty much done with WB at this point and SS2 is probably off the table :snoop:. Wouldn't be surprised if Time Warner cleans house at WB by the end of the year. I don't blame Zack for BvS anymore, the suits had their hands all in that
Goddamn :scust:

I wanted Wonder Woman to be good brehs. Looks like that dream is dead :mjcry:

DC really needs to separate themselves from these retards and start their own studio :francis:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I doubt it tbh

Its very rare nearly 100 critics would be so offbase on a movie

I still want to see it and will judge it on its own accord, but my expectations have lessened something serious

FWIW, I enjoyed BvS much more than the critics seemed too, but still, it wasnt the great movie I wanted it to be

There's last GREAT comic movie to me was Winter Soldier

eMDee92i

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Paris/Chi
Not gonna get into too many details, but I just saw it a couple hours ago. I have to say I'm disappointed brehs :yeshrug:

It's not bad by any means but very few moments left my friends or the crowd :ohhh:
The attempts at humour were meh. And there was a lot of unintentional comedy/bad acting.
Again just like a lot of movies nowadays, one of my biggest gripe is that if you've seen the trailers, you've seen the whole movie. There is no other worthwile scene.

I thought this was gonna be the gem in the DCEU so far, so this got me looking at the next movies like :francis:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
At the end of the day its as simple as this..

You have a great cast of actors that were given a shytty script and no direction. And my gut tells me some of them took pride in their craft and did the best they could with what they were given... then their work was chopped and screwed into what became the final product.

It's as simple as that. I'm still going to go see this because I'm a Robbie and Smith fan. But my expectations will be the same as this last x-men flick....LOW

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
There are a lot of scenes that didn’t make it to the final film. Hopefully they’ll see the light of day. Who knows.
— Jared Leto on his reduced role in Suicide Squad
- http://www.telestar.fr/2016/videos/E...!-Video-223502
:snoop:

All the more why they should have just made it rated R.

If they left all the HOH Joker scenes in the movie critics would have really tore this apart :whew:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
alot cuts... almost everything you see with joker in the trailer was not in the movie(she believe the studio cut his parts because ...jared leto wasn't that good "performance was pretty lacking "). the SS was very under powered

rick flag was pointless useless
katana was pointless useless didnt do much
killer croc useless pointless(she almost fogot about him)/he look cool tho
slipknot ...... low level actor plus
he dies first
David Ayer seem to put so much details on unnecessary things (like words on bullets, tattoos with famous phrase etc) than to provide a good movie experience. Too much ideas without execute the plan

Batman
Bruce Wayne didnt seem like Bruce Wayne but ben affleck
he wasnt good as he was in BVS
seem like some angry bum accounting

Will Smith
-very good
-not really very evil villain "didn't' really act that bad"

joker and harley

-the relationship is different from the comics
-felt force
-its not joker more like Harely Quinin's boyfriend.
-Harely Quinin: one dimensional eye candy, no ulterior motives, no twist, no abusive angle or smart angle
- her desire/dream"perfect ending magic" is to have a happy home/ with both of them being regular folks"not crazy" while she be some type of house wife
- felt Harely was out of character (from clothing and high heels)
-Joker vibe seem like the jealous type of dude...dont seem like he have anything else to do, all he want to do is save her, have sex with her, make other guys jealous of her

Thanks for the write-up breh. I'd rep if I could.

At the very least, I'm glad to hear that Will did alright. People were all up on this "Margot Robbie and Jared Leto seem to be the stars according to the trailers" before the reviews when this was expected to be massive, now that the reviews are out (And, I'm guessing, this will not do as well as originally expected outside of the first weekend), they better not being trying to put the performance on the Fresh Prince...:mjpls:

BTW, for anyone that's seen it, what's good with that scene where Deadshot is carrying Harley Quinn? I remember it was one of the early set photos.