Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Call me a DC fanboy or whatever idc. but just by looking at the BvS and the SS trailers, the DCCU looks like a living breathing universe rather than just a backdrop for fantastic individuals like the MCU. Also the fact that we aren't really starting from the beginning feels like a big plus too. Knowing that this universe was alive and well way before we're introduced to it gives a feel of mystery yet also a feeling of familiarity because we can kind of connect the dots of what happened in the past on our own.

Basically in the MCU characters from marvel comics don't feel like they exist until they're introduced. But in the DCCU it feels like most of the DC heroes and villains exist or have existed in this world minus the post superman style characters that are similar to him in scope and strength. It feels like it has its own developed history rather than feeling brand new. I think going with an older/veteran batman opened the door for them to have a universe that is already thriving with characters and events the moment we're introduced to it.
Exactly. I was one of the cats who wanted a Bruce closer to Kal's age until it hit me that the way they set it up it meant 40+ Batmobiles, different batsuits, A history of robins, a fully kitted out rogues gallery, etc. I was :ohhh:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Call me a DC fanboy or whatever idc. but just by looking at the BvS and the SS trailers, the DCCU looks like a living breathing universe rather than just a backdrop for fantastic individuals like the MCU. Also the fact that we aren't really starting from the beginning feels like a big plus too. Knowing that this universe was alive and well way before we're introduced to it gives a feel of mystery yet also a feeling of familiarity because we can kind of connect the dots of what happened in the past on our own.

Basically in the MCU characters from marvel comics don't feel like they exist until they're introduced. But in the DCCU it feels like most of the DC heroes and villains exist or have existed in this world minus the post superman style characters that are similar to him in scope and strength. It feels like it has its own developed history rather than feeling brand new. I think going with an older/veteran batman opened the door for them to have a universe that is already thriving with characters and events the moment we're introduced to it.
Dap+Rep:wow:

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Look at it this way.

The Comic Con sold it to the people who wanted a gritty/dark Comic book movie. This trailer sold it to the people who want to see a fun comic book movie.

Its what BvS tried to do in its last trailer and sort of failed.

If anything this may mean the movie has the perfect blend of silly and serious.
This trailer will definitely get the populous more excited

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I keep seeing this. In what way does this movie feel like GotG:patrice:. Like I dont get a Guardians feel at all. GOTG was marketed as a kids movie in space and it turned out to be a kids movie in space.

Its the fact that no one really paid guardians any mind until the first real trailer came out. And then everyone started to realize this movie is about to crush the buildings.

Suicide Squad trailer just did exactly that. My facebook timeline is FULL of people who had no idea what Suicide Squad is now saying this is their most anticipated movie of the year.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Talk that truth breh....:blessed:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So rumor is that Joker is working with
Lex
to capture Enchantress before Waller & The Squad

:gladbron:
fV0hUik.gif