Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
No hate but I was feeling the Comic Con trailer more.
Look at it this way.

The Comic Con sold it to the people who wanted a gritty/dark Comic book movie. This trailer sold it to the people who want to see a fun comic book movie.

Its what BvS tried to do in its last trailer and sort of failed.

If anything this may mean the movie has the perfect blend of silly and serious.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
This trailer went left with what I was expecting
DC has marketing this movie really well
David Ayer is really talented to balance the black comedy and dark atmosphere with the outlandish universe he's working in
I'm more hyped for this than BvS now

I saw a lot of comparisons to GOTG when this was first announced but now I finally feel like its warranted. This trailer was great get this person to cut the BvS trailers from now on
I keep seeing this. In what way does this movie feel like GotG:patrice:. Like I dont get a Guardians feel at all. GOTG was marketed as a kids movie in space and it turned out to be a kids movie in space.

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
ok after being absolutely positively sold with the first look trailer (u can check my post when that first dropped) i can honestly say this trailer kinda tampered my excitement....didnt like the music being all over the place and the only person who really did anything for me was jared (i legit think he'll be my favorite joker)...everything else was just ok to me. Oh and who's the villain? cuz the trailer made it seem like enchantress is part of the squad. Seems pretty over powered if the likes of her, the fire dude (dont remember his name) and killer croc are going against the joker and some regular goons

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
subway scene:

suicide-squad-common-tattooed-man-750x415.jpg

:lupe:

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Call me a DC fanboy or whatever idc. but just by looking at the BvS and the SS trailers, the DCCU looks like a living breathing universe rather than just a backdrop for fantastic individuals like the MCU. Also the fact that we aren't really starting from the beginning feels like a big plus too. Knowing that this universe was alive and well way before we're introduced to it gives a feel of mystery yet also a feeling of familiarity because we can kind of connect the dots of what happened in the past on our own.

Basically in the MCU characters from marvel comics don't feel like they exist until they're introduced. But in the DCCU it feels like most of the DC heroes and villains exist or have existed in this world minus the post superman style characters that are similar to him in scope and strength. It feels like it has its own developed history rather than feeling brand new. I think going with an older/veteran batman opened the door for them to have a universe that is already thriving with characters and events the moment we're introduced to it.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Look at it this way.

The Comic Con sold it to the people who wanted a gritty/dark Comic book movie. This trailer sold it to the people who want to see a fun comic book movie.

I don't think the BvS trailer was bad, it was just horribly cut and the music choice wasn't good. They should've kept the same tone for the CC trailer which is arguably one of my favorite trailers of all time. They'll probably go back to it for the next one and use the score from the movie instead of finding a song or instrumental

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Look at it this way.

I think that both trailers did the job of pleasing EVERYONE. There is no way that you watch both of them and not be hyped about this movie. :wow: