Suicide Squad (Official Thread)

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Heath got all these actors staying in character now :wow:
That's what has me like :stopitslime: it's possible to play this character straight and leave it at the studio. But since ledger now thespians want to act like its a role most foul and to accept it is at your peril :rudy:.It seriously wouldn't surprise me if leto's role is very minor but is just using this opportunity to seek the attention he craves

mr x

Superstar
Daps
That's what has me like :stopitslime: it's possible to play this character straight and leave it at the studio. But since ledger now thespians want to act like its a role most foul and to accept it is at your peril :rudy:.It seriously wouldn't surprise me if leto's role is very minor but is just using this opportunity to seek the attention he craves

To each his own, but I don't get that shyt. If you're a good actor you don't need to stay in character, that's why it's called acting.

Imagine Sam Jackson method acting calling Leo massa after every take:mjlol:

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I understand Jared going all in, to be honest. The Joker is always going to be a scrutinized role. Even the kid who was supposed to be a Joker stand in on Gotham took into account the performances that had come before his.

Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger are no easy feat to follow. Plus he probably doesn't want to spend the rest of his career hearing :ufdup:a thousand times a day at San Diego, everytime he goes.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
To each his own, but I don't get that shyt. If you're a good actor you don't need to stay in character, that's why it's called acting.

Imagine Sam Jackson method acting calling Leo massa after every take:mjlol:
So would you tell Daniel-Day Lewis he's not a good actor? :heh:

Method acting exists because if you're going to assume a role that is on some far end of the spectrum away from how you are in real life you can't just hop in and out of it and expect it to be convincing on-screen. Pacino, Nicholson, Hoffman, Brando, down to modern actors like Leto and Bale all do it to varying levels. More extreme the character, more extreme the commitment.

Someone really brought up Sam Jackson? :heh: The man is the same in every movie, he's ALWAYS in character :dead:
Marlon Brando and Daniel Day-Lewis got all these actors staying in character now :wow: