Suicide Squad (2022...no wait 2023... delayed to late 2023(2-2-24) )

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I liked the showcase to be honest. It looks like what Gotham Knights should have been. My whole thing is, i mean if you're gonna do this 4P GAAS shyt then you may as well do it to the best of the genre. For $70, they need to make sure the performance is rock solid and the post launch roadmap fully laid out. I thought the voice acting was charming as well, Harleys accent thick af lol. Should be a good time with friends
In what WORLD does this look like this is what gotham knights should have been :mjlol:

Since when did it make since for dikk grayson and barbara gordon to jump 45 feet in the air like crackdown and rain down bullets on their enemies? :laff:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i just don’t understand how they are gonna kill the justice league with guns.

Those 4 villains can’t even beat batman on their own but they’re gonna take down flash, lantern, superman, AND batman? Make it make sense

Thats inherently the problem with this type of game, they are gonna have to dumb down the JL considerably to make them even manageable. If Brainiac is controlling them and they have their “ethic meters” set to 0, who the fukk is going to stop super hero’s that always win when they’re already holding back considerably?

A murderous batman? A murderous flash? A murderous superman? Thats game over unless they show them to be complete idiots like they have been doing with flash, like running around in circles and taunting them for no reason. Flash could destroy them all in a blink of an eye and have it be game over.

Last edited:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Those 4 villains can’t even beat batman on their own but they’re gonna take down flash, lantern, superman, AND batman?
Make it make sense
When a character has the Idiot Ball slipped into their pocket while they weren't looking, causing them to forget to properly use their abilities or powers to stop a villain or get out of a situation, even though they may have used the ability in similar situations before (often many times).

As the title indicates, this often happens with superheroes. This is used quite a bit when characters have extremely useful or increasingly powerful abilities or equipment, and some unfortunates tend to have this inflicted on them all the time, turning a Genius Bruiser or Badass Bookworm into a garden-variety Bruiser or Badass. Only some lines of technological jargon or displays of useless gadgetry will remind the reader that they have more brains than they normally use. Some might consider this a form of Informed Ability, with the "ability" being genius-level intelligence. It's especially bad when the power being forgotten about is an innate ability that the character was born with, which makes it roughly akin to a Muggle forgetting he can walk.

jshani

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Col, GA
It actually wasn't a hit.

It was a game most people think solidified the arkham franchise as wearing out it's welcome and everyone complained about the batmobile. Also had weaker storylines and sideplots.

It wasn't bad, but wasn't a hit
:ehh:fair enough

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
This happens in comics way more often than people think. Logically, no villain other than the other speedsters should be able to give flash trouble, but Flash's rogues gallery is full of non-speedsters that best him because Flash always forgets his abilities.

Batman is trained in every martial artists style known to man, but the Joker who has zero combat training is Batman's number 1 nemesis. Comic book logic always falls apart if you think too much about it.

Just turn down your brain and enjoy the ride.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
This happens in comics way more often than people think. Logically, no villain other than the other speedsters should be able to give flash trouble, but Flash's rogues gallery is full of non-speedsters that best him because Flash always forgets his abilities.

Batman is trained in every martial artists style known to man, but the Joker who has zero combat training is Batman's number 1 nemesis. Comic book logic always falls apart if you think too much about it.

Just turn down your brain and enjoy the ride.
This used to be true back in the 60s-70s and shyt but now it depends on who wrote it.

Flash is fast but he doesn't have precognition, so his non-speedster villains get a leg up on him that way. Setting traps and using civilians, things of that nature.

The rule of thumb for joker is that he never beats batman in 1 on 1 combat. He wins by putting civilians in danger and making batman make impossible decisions.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
In what WORLD does this look like this is what gotham knights should have been :mjlol:

Since when did it make since for dikk grayson and barbara gordon to jump 45 feet in the air like crackdown and rain down bullets on their enemies? :laff:
Could've sworn in that state of play, it was at least hinted at as to how/why the non-superpowered SS members had super abilities.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
This used to be true back in the 60s-70s and shyt but now it depends on who wrote it.

Flash is fast but he doesn't have precognition, so his non-speedster villains get a leg up on him that way. Setting traps and using civilians, things of that nature.

The rule of thumb for joker is that he never beats batman in 1 on 1 combat. He wins by putting civilians in danger and making batman make impossible decisions.
Flash is not a precog, but he's able to perceive the world around him at like a half of a millisecond (hence why he can avoid trees and shyt when he runs. The current story arc 1 Minute War sort of revolves around this), logically no trap should be able to catch Flash. When you read the laundry list of abilities the speed force gets Flash, you'll see he's probably one of the most overpowered characters in DC. Even though logically there's no reason for Captain Cold, Boomerang, Trickster, etc. to be able to pose a threat to Flash, it doesn't stop The Flash from being my favorite on-going DC comic since Rebirth. I just enjoy the ride.

Even though Batman and Joker's encounters usually start with Joker's shenanigans involving civilians, they always end up in 1 on 1 fist fights where Joker lands some stabs even though Batman's combat expertise shouldn't allow. But that doesn't stop me from enjoying their story arcs.

Last edited:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Finally watched, cant deny what they showed looked really boring and the environment was dull as hell. Hopefully it was that mission but I am not encouraged. If Gotham Knights ends up being more entertaining, I will laugh

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids

Those 4 villains can’t even beat batman on their own but they’re gonna take down flash, lantern, superman, AND batman? Make it make sense

Thats inherently the problem with this type of game, they are gonna have to dumb down the JL considerably to make them even manageable. If Brainiac is controlling them and they have their “ethic meters” set to 0, who the fukk is going to stop super hero’s that always win when they’re already holding back considerably?

A murderous batman? A murderous flash? A murderous superman? Thats game over unless they show them to be complete idiots like they have been doing with flash, like running around in circles and taunting them for no reason. Flash could destroy them all in a blink of an eye and have it be game over.
I'm sure the game will explain all of that.
Everybody has a weakness in comics.
With how they'll set the customization they'll probably have Kryptonite bullets for Superman.
shyt, Captain Boomerang has a Speedforce technique, so it's not too far fetched to counter these heroes.
Either way, can't wait to see.